Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

super size me

• 01-10-2012 10:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭

Just watching this on youtube. I started thinking how come no one has done this with alcohol in Ireland seeing as the Irish are well known for drinking. It would be over 30 days.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

cena wrote: »
    Just watching this on youtube. I started thinking how come no one has done this with alcohol in Ireland seeing as the Irish are well known for drinking. It would be over 30 days.

There you go Cena.
    Come back to us in 30 days and tell us how you got on... I'll just prepare the speech for your funeral in the mean time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

So, it should be done in the spirit of Supersize Me?
    Drink more than you should, 3 times a day for a month and see what happens?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

So, it should be done in the spirit of Supersize Me?
    Drink more than you should, 3 times a day for a month and see what happens?

Well not in spirit of supersize me

Ya that is what i'm on about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Super size me got its name from one of the conditions of the docu, i.e when he ordered a meal from McDonalds, if the worker asked him if he wanted to be ' supersized ' he'd have to agree.

I've rarely (never) ordered a pint of beer, only to have the barmen ask if I'd like the pint supersized, and that, come to think of it, sucks balls.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Super Size Me was fúcking ridiculas. He knowingly ate shíte food and well over the RDA of Calorie consumption. People will expect a fairly bad conclusion binging on booze 5 times a day for 30 days. Considering, how bad a lot of us tend to be after a weekend alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

It has been done before. I remember watching either a show or a documentary about it. It could well have been Irish-made aswell. I'm 100% on this!

Edit: ok so it's not Irish. And it's not a documentary, really. But still

Super Size Me was fúcking ridiculas. He knowingly ate shíte food and well over the RDA of Calorie consumption. People will expect a fairly bad conclusion binging on booze 5 times a day for 30 days. Considering, how bad a lot of us tend to be after a weekend alone.

Not saying do it 5 times a day. IT COULD BE LESS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

qz wrote: »
    It has been done before. I remember watching either a show or a documentary about it. It could well have been Irish-made aswell. I'm 100% on this!

I remember reading about some lad in England who tried to live on guinness only.
    If I recall correctly, he actually lost weight too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

People will expect a fairly bad conclusion binging on booze 5 times a day for 30 days. Considering, how bad a lot of us tend to be after a weekend alone.

Chin up, I'm sure you'll find someone to share your life with soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Just watching this on youtube. I started thinking how come no one has done this with alcohol in Ireland seeing as the Irish are well known for drinking not being made of quit-monkey material.

fyp.

> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=81014452
    It would be over 30 days.

Go to some pubs, you'd see 30years of it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

They've tried, oh how they've tried :(

Several attempts for SuperScutter Me have been unfortunately cancelled due to health concerns of the candidates. Many have died. Their headstones declare "I regret nothing!"

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭stmol32

binging on booze 5 times a day for 30 days. C

Surely that just counts as one long binge doesn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

You'd have to get somebody who's not already an alcoholic to agree to do it. Would it get made though, Is there an ethical question to be addressed, could it saddle the guinea pig with a lasting alcohol problem etc..

Plus how entertaining would it be to watch a documentary of somebody in a permanent state of inebriation. I think the novelty could wear off rather quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Plus how entertaining would it be to watch a documentary of somebody in a permanent state of inebriation. I think the novelty could wear off rather quickly.

I dunno, Tallaghtfornia is still going...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

You mean you haven't tried it yet?

You'd have to get somebody who's not already an alcoholic to agree to do it. Would it get made though, Is there an ethical question to be addressed, could it saddle the guinea pig with a lasting alcohol problem etc..

TV3 would happily show it.

ScumLord wrote: »
    You mean you haven't tried it yet?

I don't drink that kind of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭stmol32

Plus how entertaining would it be to watch a documentary of somebody in a permanent state of inebriation.

I think we all know the answer to that... it depends on the person, Twink or Simon Cowell would obviously be crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Just watching this on youtube. I started thinking how come no one has done this with alcohol in Ireland seeing as the Irish are well known for drinking.

Yes, they could invent a drink that has double the amount of drink in it & call it something like "A Double".

Dragon's Den, here I come...

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

concept for a game show 'soup or size me' in which fat people try to lose weight by surviving solely on soup, hosted by jet from gladiators.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭anhedonia

there was a yank comedian who made a documentary called super-high me, where he had to smoke weed all day for 30 days. To me it just seemed like a typical college month, didnt see the need to make a documentary about it.

Yanks be stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

anhedonia wrote: »
    there was a yank comedian who made a documentary called super-high me, where he had to smoke weed all day for 30 days. To me it just seemed like a typical college month, didnt see the need to make a documentary about it.

Yanks be stupid.

Yeah, noticed that its on netflix - along with super size me and another type of rip off. Whats with all the super size me clones? even the covers look the same :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

Monkey Tennis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

qz wrote: »

Edit: ok so it's not Irish. And it's not a documentary, really. But still

When the hell did Jameson become an American liquor? That knobjockey in that video deserves everthing he gets just for calling Jameson American!

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Sure I can't stand mcdonalds at the best of times :pac:

Advertisement