Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want .ie

Options
  • 01-10-2012 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi everyone. So I'm setting up a shop and am having a website as you can order products online as well. How do I go about getting the .ie on my website address and roughly how much is it to get someone to create a website for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Herbalist

To get a '.ie' website address you will need to register with the Irish Domain registry:

http://www.domainregistry.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

There's a few things you need to do first. Read this thread: Trying to register .ie domain

Don't bother with going to the domain registry directly. They generally push you towards your hosting provider for that and good hosters give large discounts on prices compared to the registry. Blacknight fo example do .ie for €20-25 ex VAT whereas the registry charge €62 ex VAT.

It's a good idea to get both the domain name and the hosting from the same provider IMO mainly for ease of management.

Advertisement