Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Player Progressions

Options
  • 01-10-2012 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

Have a bad feeling a good few of my players will be regressing after season 1, if the stats in Week 1 are anything to go by.
    Especially considering the season totals put up in Madden 12, it will be very very hard for certain positions to reach their goals.

DT and LB need to get a lot of tackles. From M12 only guys who were near this were CPU players
    WR (certain TE) need to get a lot of catches. Bryant and Austin have goal of 110.
    QB yardage totals could be difficult, Romo is 4800

These targets are obviously based on a proper NFL season. Based on the reduced number of snaps we will be playing with the shortened clock, most of the totals above will be ridiculously difficult to get to.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

If you get 40% of your players season target they don't regress. Below and the regress.... I'm worried in a 3-4 for my middle linebackers and DT.

In saying that XP points from season 2 will be used to keep are regressed players good. Also the regression doesn't seem to be big ...

What happens I think is back ups / poor starters will be cut ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

If that's correct that's great.
    I thought it was if they didn't reach Goal 2 that they would regress?
    Each player has 4 goals for season. Usually Goal 1 is zero, then the numbers I mentioned above were Goal 2 and then they'd get massive XP if they reached goal 3 and/or 4.

Too much to expect of EA to have some slider for this to adjust for the much shorter length of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Anybody got any more information on spending xp. I've racked up quiet a bit, but can't tell if i'll get a return on buying traits or not.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I've just been buying the consistency trait mostly.

Locker and C2J, most guys will get that think.

With us only playing 3 seasons, waiting to get to 50K for the development trait will mean about half a season of increased XP, not worth it IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

empacher wrote: »
    Anybody got any more information on spending xp. I've racked up quiet a bit, but can't tell if i'll get a return on buying traits or not.

Yeah I would like to know what strategy to use here aswell.

Like will plus 1 strength really make that much difference, will plus 1 speed and so on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Depends what you want really. Upgrade how you'd like them to play. A huge one for D Line men and LBs would be awareness and play recognition.

Awareness is a pretty important one for O-Line.

QB/WR/CBs are all about preference.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Slighty off topic but what are ppl spending their career xp on?
    Would the double you're scouting xp be a good one to buy?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Me.. Generally the consistency trait and clutch trait.

Most of the key positions have one/both so ill probably start targeting specifics like short throw accuracy, speed, jumping etc.

Not gonna bother waiting to get the the 50k development trait.

How do you keep track of who has the clutch trait?

There is no point buying the development trait really as we are only doing 3 seasons.

Raoul wrote: »
    How do you keep track of who has the clutch trait?

There is no point buying the development trait really as we are only doing 3 seasons.

I think you can only buy it once... I hope!
    The consistency trait you can upgrade.

Agreed, I will probably do it for my QB in the PFL but thats it

• Advertisement

As I said in the other thread. I bought it for one of my players and the xp went but I could have bought it a second time. :confused:

Nah I didn't mean the players ones I meant the manager ones,where the contract packages are and stuff

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Nah I didn't mean the players ones I meant the manager ones,where the contract packages are and stuff

They are to essentially boost the XP gained of certain positions.
    So if you have 2 young SS, you buy the boost package and in a game where they should get 1500 XP they may get 2000 XP etc.

The other key one is the Retirement Package.. however I dont think it works well.. just ask Santry and Pudsy!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Jesus! I better re-sign Jeremey Mincey. My LE who has 19 sacks after 8 games!! I don't know how or why, but he has 17 more than my next closest player Fred Robbins with 2.

Think he's due for a stat increase...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Jesus! I better re-sign Jeremey Mincey. My LE who has 19 sacks after 8 games!! I don't know how or why, but he has 17 more than my next closest player Fred Robbins with 2.

Think he's due for a stat increase...
    Mr schaub feels you should cut him

Raoul wrote: »
    As I said in the other thread. I bought it for one of my players and the xp went but I could have bought it a second time. :confused:

Then you definitely didn't buy it :pac:

SantryRed wrote: »
    Then you definitely didn't buy it :pac:

The xp is gone. 20g's.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

Consistency Trait can be upgraded from zero to 1,2,3 maybe even 4!

Some players will already have a consistency trait of 1 or 2 and some with a zero consistency trait.

I focused on one player my running back James Starks 'Packers' and put all his XP on toughness to see if he would get to 100 in toughness but it stopped at 99 rating.

Just wondering as a previous poster queried if a player gets an upgrade from 79 to 80 or even 80 to 85 in a particular trait like speed or strenght how much does he get better on the field of play?

Some players will already have a consistency trait of 1 or 2 and some with a zero consistency trait.

I focused on one player my running back James Starks 'Packers' and put all his XP on toughness to see if he would get to 100 in toughness but it stopped at 99 rating.

Just wondering as a previous poster queried if a player gets an upgrade from 79 to 80 or even 80 to 85 in a particular trait like speed or strenght how much does he get better on the field of play?

In another franchise, Torrey Smith has been phenomenal and I had 30k XP. I improved his release from 78 to 88 and the guy is a monster now. He's unplayable at times.

*Bet Dave has made a note*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I upped MJD's consistency from 3 to 4 earlier, noticed after he was a 98 overall, not sure what he was before. I'll report back if I notice a big difference.

• Advertisement

What is the Release Trait?

They should have all traits clearly explained so that we have a clear idea of what they are and not have us second gueesing!

Release is separation from a defense player ( I think)

Release his how fast they get off the line after a snap. Mainly if a player is pressing them.

When you do your practice games you gain XP points to upgrade boost packages, contracts and retirement.

I notice that your players gain XP on their own xp progression points when doing practice.

Whats the maximum XP they can gain, how do they gain it as in is it their weekly goals?

When you do your practice games you gain XP points to upgrade boost packages, contracts and retirement.

I notice that your players gain XP on their own xp progression points when doing practice.

Whats the maximum XP they can gain, how do they gain it as in is it their weekly goals?

I think and someone feel free to correct me!

Linemen will get points based on rushing yards, passing yards and TDs
    RBs will get it on rushing and catches
    WRs on catching

on the D
    tackles, ints, FFs i would presume

Essentially the better the team and the player plays the more XP

I would agree with you helimachoptor that they would gain that during a competitive match but I am talking about a training game where the coach gains 1000xp if he wins.

The last training game I played I checked my RB xp before and after training and he gained 100xp.

So they must gain xp if they participate.

I presume the xp that your coach and players have gained carry through to next season

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I presume the xp that your coach and players have gained carry through to next season

I would be shocked if they didn't

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Yeah it does

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Go to Career > My Goals to see what your coach's Weekly and (press LB) season goals are. Can help you in how you run your game. Its often stuff like throw 3TD passes or have 30 running attempts. When you know specifically what you are aiming for you can build Coach XP easier.

Go to Personnel > Team Goals and then by position you can see what each position player needs to do weekly and by pressing LB in a season.

Players must get to level 2 in a season otherwise they regress.

Not entirely sure about regression, they don't regress that much and I think the main attribute that is reduced is "Awareness"...but do not have any evidence to base this on yet.

Advertisement