Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Renting along Luas Green Line

• 01-10-2012 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭

Hey All

My girlfriend and myself are looking to find a place along the green luas line within the next few months (1 or 2 bed).

We are willing to pay up to 1100 between us.

There are a number of nice places available from Sandyford out to Stepaside ranging from 1100 to 1250 on average.

They seem to get significantly dearer the closer you get to town, even for less spacious and attractive places.

I was wondering what people's recent experiences were in relation to advertised prices versus what they actually paid?
    I.e. were landlords/letting agents will to move on price.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

along the green line is ridiculously expensive and due to the convenience and the fact that it is south co dublin not to add that most of these properties where built and bought in the boom times at over inflated prices meaning that the landlord can charge high prices aswell as having to charge high prices to pay massive mortgages.

so what to do when your a renter....i always try barter as they say if you dont ask you dont get...i mean its worth a try the worst you can get is a big fat no and the best you can get is a yes and a big smile on your face, but unless the property has been up for rent for a number of months and the LL is struggling with money issues then the reality is they arent going to move that much if at all.

if your in not too much of hurry to rent save the properties you want to rent on your daft account and the ones that linger the longest have the best potential to get a discount (obviously they have to be up to standard also) then when you view it try going 200 euro below and that way there is lots of room to negotiate

on the other hand they say there is a lot more people renting these days so do you risk loosing a property you really want for the sake of 100euro a month?? its all about going to a viewing and gauging the situation when you get there, its also better to try negotiate with landlord as opposed to estate agents as they tend to give you the run around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

My experience recently is that rents are rising slightly compared to 18 - 24 months ago between D6 and the city center and there's very little scope for negotiation. It's worth asking as edellc says, but don't expect miracles!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭rodge123

Just an update on current situation.

We've been looking a few weeks now with no luck :(

There appears to be huge demand for 2 beds along the luas line as far out as Stepaside!

To get any sort of modern attractive 2 bed seems to require a minimum of 1200pm!! What recession you ask!

It seems to be a matter of trying to get the first viewing to have any chance of getting your offer in and accepted.

I have been saving places as you suggested edellc....there are a few attractive 1 beds up a while now priced around 1150 (which is ridiculous considering the bedrooms lack of storage space) but could be worth renting if dropped close to 1000.

Mount Saint Anne's in Milltown has some beautiful 2 beds but unfortunately they are priced from 1500 to 2300! (Who on earth is willing to pay minimum of 750 each per month?)

Anyway....off to continue the hunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

rodge123 wrote: »
    Just an update on current situation.

We've been looking a few weeks now with no luck :(

There appears to be huge demand for 2 beds along the luas line as far out as Stepaside!

To get any sort of modern attractive 2 bed seems to require a minimum of 1200pm!! What recession you ask!

It seems to be a matter of trying to get the first viewing to have any chance of getting your offer in and accepted.

I have been saving places as you suggested edellc....there are a few attractive 1 beds up a while now priced around 1150 (which is ridiculous considering the bedrooms lack of storage space) but could be worth renting if dropped close to 1000.

Mount Saint Anne's in Milltown has some beautiful 2 beds but unfortunately they are priced from 1500 to 2300! (Who on earth is willing to pay minimum of 750 each per month?)

Anyway....off to continue the hunt.

Best of luck with the hunt and you ask who would pay that in mount saint annes...my idiot cousin and his gf doing their bit to keeps rents high lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

op, my bro's mates viewed a 2 bed in sandyford business park, in the cubes, the letting agent showed them the wrong apartment, their max budget was 1k and they said this after viewing and they got it for the 1k, probably pretty unusual, believe it was asking 1200...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭rodge123

Idbatterim wrote: »
    op, my bro's mates viewed a 2 bed in sandyford business park, in the cubes, the letting agent showed them the wrong apartment, their max budget was 1k and they said this after viewing and they got it for the 1k, probably pretty unusual, believe it was asking 1200...

You don't have the apartment block name and letting agent by any chance???
    So I can keep an eye out for places they are letting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 beenz

Hi all,

I am looking for acc on the green luas line, would love some nice easy going flat mates and somewhere near enough to cherrywood as I start working there on the 5th of Jan.

Can anyone help?

Advertisement