Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of hedging is this

Options
  • 01-10-2012 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

I have recently moved house. My garden has a lot of the hedging in the picture. Can anyone tell me what it is.
    A lot of the hedging has died recently (pre me) and it looks like it died shortly after being cut. The hedge has foliage about 20cm deep and thereafter it is just wood. Has the hedge died as a result of being cut back beyond the foilage? Th garden is very overgrown and I would like to cut back by a few feet but am concerned that I will kill the hedging. If it has any relevance the garden is right beside the sea and very exposed if the wind blows from the North which thankfully is very rare

IMG_0658.jpg

IMG_0662.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

This is a type of hebe which would grow very well beside the sea.
    It's one of the older varieties and pretty sturdy.
    It doesn't like being cut back too hard but takes general trimming very well. If you want to propogate it, it should come from cuttings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭rje66

possibly Hebe 'Mrs Winder', but would need to see a better pic

Advertisement