Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

income protection query

Options
  • 01-10-2012 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

hi, just looking for some guidance.. my employer has started a claim start of the year and i am still undergoing tests and my condition is part undiagnosed. I have an eye problem and have just had a diagnosis of chronic migraine which is part of my compaint but not the full story. Does anyone know if migraine as a stand alone complaint is covered and will aviva drag this out waiting for full diagnosis even if tests go on til late next year. I work on computer but have vision issue.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Kennie1

Providing that there is not a specific endorsement on the policy against the condition you are claiming for, you should be o.k. This would have been clearly set out when you took out the policy.

Unlike Serious illness cover you don't have to have a definitive diagnosis of the condition you are claiming for, with income protection cover.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

If you've been unable to work for longer than the deferred period, and your doctor (or potentially the insurers doctor) certifies you are unable to work, you have a valid PHI claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 thunderwing

If you've been unable to work for longer than the deferred period, and your doctor (or potentially the insurers doctor) certifies you are unable to work, you have a valid PHI claim.

hi there.. my gp has but they say they have insufficient medical evidence to make a decision. i now have to have series of more tests as my eye condition is still undiagnosed. i am way over the deferred period. seems like they are waiting for definative diagnosis.. any suggestions? thank you

Advertisement