Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Facebook is now publicly traded... but it's okay...

• 01-10-2012 10:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭

I'm hearing rumours that Facebook is now publicly traded... if only a few people sporadically posted something thinly veiled about it, we might just be able to change things forever. Come on you guys... it worked for Kony!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

I heard FB is selling peoples personal info to fund the new Nazi rising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

Wha?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I've no idea what you're talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Musefan wrote: »
    Wha?
    It's one of them stupid statuses that goes around, like please repost if you like polka dot cats, if you don't

THEY WILL ALL DIIIEEEEEE!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Facebook can suck my tits

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

People are posting this sh*t on Facebook.
    Warning -any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated or non associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to ...
    my photos, and/or ... the comments made about my photos or any other "picture" art posted on my profile. You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee, agent, student or any personnel under your direction or control the contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law. UCC 1-103 1-308 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WITHOUT PREJUDICE

For those of you who do not understand the reasoning behind this posting, Facebook is now a publicly traded entity. Unless you state otherwise, anyone can infringe on your right to privacy once you post to this site. It is recommended that you and other members post a similar notice as this, or you may copy and paste this version. If you do not post such a statement once, then you are indirectly allowing public use of items such as your photos and the information contained in your status.

I assume that's what the OP is alluding too.

I'd love to know who starts this stuff, it's hilarious.

Where To wrote: »
    It's one of them stupid statuses that goes around, like please repost if you like polka dot cats, if you don't

THEY WILL ALL DIIIEEEEEE!!!!

Liked and shared.

Xoxo <3

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I heard myspace facebook are going to start charging soon

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Where`s El Weirdo when you need him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

BOHtox wrote: »
    I'm hearing rumours that Facebook is now publicly traded

It's not a rumour - they floated on the stock exchange.

Have you been living under a rock since March?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

It's not a rumour - they floated on the stock exchange.

Have you been living under a rock since March?

Turn your irony detector on. It's After Hours ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

How true was it about messages appearing on someone's timeline?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I heard myspace facebook are going to start charging soon

They can't charge me! I posted
    Facebook is soon to start charging its users. However, they have said that those who post this as their status for at least one hour will not be charged.

Copy and paste this as your status now and avoid the fee!

as my status two years ago!

Where`s El Weirdo when you need him?

He's busy posting statuses asking people to like it to help cure cancer of starving African babies who own puppies with no legs and two glass eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN? ALL THE ILLEGALLY ACCOUNT HOLDING CHILDREN?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

BOHtox wrote: »
    Turn your irony detector on. It's After Hours ffs
    Good news for those born without an irony detector:

http://download.cnet.com/Irony-Detector/3000-2094_4-75190466.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭K3lso

You automatically forfeit you info when you join FB, it's nothing new.

Any pics you upload are no longer yours. FB owns them now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

How true was it about messages appearing on someone's timeline?

Private messages from 2010 and back. That only happened recently I think but I'm open to correction.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Shryke wrote: »
    Private messages from 2010 and back. That only happened recently I think but I'm open to correction.

It didn't happen at all, they're old wall posts

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

If ye post things about Facebook on Facebook will that not create a causality loop and break the internet?

Jesus :eek: the Mayans were right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Sorry. Misread the OP. :o

Carry on.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,407 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You'd think now that the internet has been around for a little while that folks should be able to spot a hoax like this when they see it not to mention that they're completely oblivious that they already agreed to FB's terms and conditions when they signed up. Bah.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

Its true, if you don't post the privacy thing, Facebook automatically owns all your possesions and Mark Zuckerberg can come round your house and take your TV/kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Not this bollox again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Seeing it on my wall again. People really will believe anything without question.

As one person put it when asked about their status:
    "I dunno, saw it on another person's profile. Thought I'd share it to help."

You sure showed them.............now, carry on posting up pictures and updating your location every fùckin' hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

FACEBOOK IS NOW A PUBLICLY TRADED ENTITY *insert 12 lines of bull***** PLZ POST DIS OR ELSE FACEBOOK WIL ROB YAR DETAILS TANX LADS - YIZ ****ING IDIOTS . . .

Advertisement