Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to cash a cheque but...

Options
  • 02-10-2012 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

I want to cash a cheque but it isn't in my name. Its a cheque from the UK HM Revenue. Anyone know if theres a way around this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

I want to cash a cheque but it isn't in my name. Its a cheque from the UK HM Revenue. Anyone know if theres a way around this?
    Have the person that it's made out to sign it over to you, unless it's crossed in which case you're out of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

It depends why it's not in your name and what right you have to be holding it. Revenue cheques here are always crossed so can't be assigned, if it's just a different form of your name you should be able to lodge it to your account with both IDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

As above, also if it's stg then you'll not get it cashed anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

try your local credit union if your a member they might lodge it into your account for you if its signed by person its made out to.

Advertisement