Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dancehall clubs??

• 02-10-2012 2:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭

Okay, I am not sure which forum to post this so I'll verbal vom over you guys. :D

My class came to my home country for the summer and we had an amazing time. We worked hard but we partied even harder. I had no idea Irish people could break it down like that. :p Anyway, since we've been back, I would like to re-live some of the fun moments of the summer and the best were when we were dancing in the pubs. Apart from Whelans, are there any other pubs in Dublin( or anywhere else in Ireland for that matter) where one can go dancing? Pubs that play dancehall? Or music like this? The pub culture is great...alright, I am lying. It sort of sucks balls. Why don't people dance? Why do they just stand around and attempt to drown themselves in beer and make small talk? Why isn't the music varied? Why? Why?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,903 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    Okay, I am not sure which forum to post this
    Dancehall clubs in Dublin??

Just a guess but maybe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

:) Thank you.

Xavi6 wrote: »

I thought about it for a little while and decided if there are indeed such clubs anywhere in Ireland, I would actually make the trip. :) So I changed it but thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Yeah baby, first time uploading YouTube video on mobile, and what a video!!

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

I had no idea Irish people could break it down like that. :p

if you mean bending over and vigorously juggling your batty for attention then there's an irish market for that too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Irish men don't dance for good reason, about as coordinated as an epileptic fit.

if you mean bending over and vigorously juggling your batty for attention then there's an irish market for that too.

What you're describing is known as twirking. And no, it does not constitute the entirety of 'breaking it down'. It may be done for attention in Ireland but the rest of us just do it because it's fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

Why don't people dance? Why do they just stand around and attempt to drown themselves in beer and make small talk? Why isn't the music varied? Why? Why?

People dance, you're just hanging out with the wrong people.

****ing love dancing. **** getting drunk, **** making conversation, **** all of that. When I go out I want chunes, lots of bass, the sweetest of beats and moves. As far as I'm concerned, music in clubs is too loud for talking because no one should need to say anything, hips know how to make themselves heard if you let them.

Having said that, most clubs/pubs do play atrocious music, most people don't know how to really let them selves go when it comes to dancing and when they do it's only because they're locked and there is massive room for improvement in almost every aspect of Irish nightlife, both dancing related and otherwise.

you know that, wub wub revival if they say drainpipe bass in your face then why can I only envisage ****, emerging from a colon I can imagine the release though... most exhilirating when it drops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

We worked hard but we partied even harder. I had no idea Irish people could break it down like that.
    Sounds like a bad script for a step it up movie.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Anyone for a jive? :)

Anyone for a jive? :)

Jive? :confused:

Is Gangnam Style or WTF a hit in the clubs here... anyone taken up that aggressive foot stomp dance, downright terrifying. Korean Tsunami in our midst

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Jive? :confused:

Sorry that was probably in bad taste of me lol.
    /nevermind

Is Gangnam Style or WTF a hit in the clubs here... anyone taken up that aggressive foot stomp dance, downright terrifying. Korean Tsunami in our midst

Hey! Leave gangnam style out of this. That song has the power to bring about world peace.

Hey! Leave gangnam style out of this. That song has the power to bring about world peace.

Only because everyone could find common ground and gang up against the pricks responsible for it :mad:

Project: Gangnam Dawn will stomp and steamroller us into the turf

Only because everyone could find common ground and gang up against the pricks responsible for it :mad:

If gangnam style in all its ridiculous glory does not make you smile, rape the replay button and dance, then you sir/madam need a large dose of silly injected into your life.

If gangnam style in all its ridiculous glory does not make you smile, rape the replay button and dance, then you sir/madam need a large dose of silly injected into your life.
    Is that a chat up line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Oh god, the last time I was out dancing I left utterly mortified. But thats the fun part I guess :D

• Advertisement

smash wrote: »
    Is that a chat up line?

Hahaha. Is that what a chat up line looks like to you?

smash wrote: »
    Is that a chat up line?

Hahaha. Is that what a chat up line looks like to you?
    Sure... I often suggest injecting a large dose of something into women!

It's a gimmick by idiots for idiots.

If you're hot though we can discuss this 'injection into your life' in more detail :cool:

It's a gimmick by idiots for idiots.

If you're hot though we can discuss this 'injection into your life' in more detail :cool:

In this case, I would rather be an idiot than one who takes oneself too seriously. :)

Ps: if you're hot, we can discuss the injection business. :cool:

In this case, I would rather be an idiot than one who takes oneself too seriously. :)

Ps: if you're hot, we can discuss the injection business. :cool:

This has turned in to one of those "Show me yours..." situations hasn't it?

The magic of dance, or something like that.

It looks like I am not getting any answers tonight. The mods might as well close the thread. And yeah, it's magic of dance. I bet you didn't see it coming.

It looks like I am not getting any answers tonight. The mods might as well close the thread. And yeah, it's magic of dance. I bet you didn't see it coming.
    Close it? But AH is just about to wake up!

Advertisement