Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using girlfriends iPhone 5 upgrade

Options
  • 02-10-2012 2:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Does anyone know if Vodafone restrict who can use handsets?

I'm a vf customer as is my girlfriend,I've a 4s and not due upgrade until early next year however my girlfriend is eligible for upgrade now.
    She has no major interest in iPhone 5 and would happily use my 4s and give me the 5.

My question is if she gets the 5 will I be able to activate it from my vf account or is the phone locked to her vf account and/or is the nano sim linked solely to her account?

Is it possible all I've to do is get a nano sim from vf and I'd be good to go with the 5?

Also same applies to my girlfriend as she would switching from iPhone 4 to my 4s.

Answers appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

No they won't lock it to her account and any vf sim will activate it. Vf will orob give her a nano sim so just an adapter for it to fit the 4s

• Registered Users Posts: 13 bryan1977

Thanks for the reply,I presume though she can just use her existing micro-sim from her iPhone 4 in my 4s and I can in turn use the nano sim supplied or get my own from vf?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

her micro sim may be canceled when she gets the 5. She should tell them she's not ready to do the sim swap just yet. They'll give her the nano sim but her micro sim will still work. Then when your ready, just ring up vf and tell them you have an iphone 5 and want to swap your sim to a nano sim and when they ask for details just give them the details of the sim they gave your girlfriend. you'll be all set up and she can just stick her micro sim in the 4s

Advertisement