Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gort Nightclubs/pubs

Options
  • 02-10-2012 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm heading to Gort next week and was just wondering is there any nightclubs/pubs that anyone could recommend?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,898 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Someone living there will know better than me.

Our family has always headed to Linnane's. It's tight for space though and can get cramped.
    I hear a lot about Dicey's. I think that gets fairly busy.
    There's Kelly's up the top of Bridge Street but I dunno what that's like. I was in there 18-19 years ago where I had my first taste of my Dad's Guinness at the age of 4/5. It's rotten stuff.
    We have gone to O'Grady's for food and parties on occasion. It's not bad. Would never be my first on the list.

I think the only nightclub is O'Sullivan's Hotel. It's a tacky nightclub but it's huge and John is lovely. Also if you want food, O'Sullivan's is the place to go in my opinion.

Obviously I haven't covered all of the pubs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭TBP

Niall Linnane's is a nice spot that attracts a laid back sort of a crowd between the ages of around 20 right up to 80!

Dicey's and Johny Walsh's more or less side by side in the square and Kellys at the top of the town attract a youngish enough crowd, loud music blaring away in the background etc.

O'Donnell's would be similar to Linnane's but wouldn't be near as busy.

Hennelys up the top of the town is a good spot too it'll be busy enough, mainly with 35 + year old Guinness and whiskey drinkers talking about hurling, farming and the weather etc!

Mars Bar is spot on about Sullivans, a tacky enough spot that is stuck back in the mid 80's decor wise! Great spot for a feed though, O'Grady's the same.

Overall a nice town to go out in but like a lot of towns in recent times has gotten fierce quite.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Surfacezebra

Sullivans only opens on bank holiday weekends anymore.Try Diceys,O Donnells or Linnanes for a crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,898 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Sullivans only opens on bank holiday weekends anymore.Try Diceys,O Donnells or Linnanes for a crowd.

The nightclub only opens on Bank Holiday weekends?

Mars Bar wrote: »
    The nightclub only opens on Bank Holiday weekends?
    Yip pretty sure thats the way it is now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

Linnanes and Hennellys are two good pubs in Gort.

The nightclub is closed except for bank holidays.

I'm a local and it's gone to crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,149 ✭✭✭✭flazio

So night life in Gort finishes around 12:30 to 1am or does anyone have a late licence?

No where has a late licence, except maybe the hotel for residents.

But lock ins are prone to happen if you're known.

Is Cork local Sofa King?

Is Cork local Sofa King?

I was born in Cork, live in Galway.

• Advertisement

Sofa King wrote: »
    I was born in Cork, live in Galway.
    Only rising ya Sofa king,see ye for a pint some weekend.

Advertisement