Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Meatwad wrote: »
    must give it a bash.Kind of regreted getting Natural Selection over this with my last tenner in the steam sale,so shall see if its any good before I'll pick it up.

funny, i was choosing between NS2 and chivalry, so glad i got NS2 instead its given me so much more hours. Chivalry is fine, the combat is fresh but its pretty much the same as the original mod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Big update is due soon by the end of this month which add new maps, weapons, and game modes like CTF and one-on-one fighting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Kiith wrote: »
    This seems to be free for the weekend. Showing in my Library for 3 more days.

50% off until monday as well according to this:
    http://www.chivalrythegame.com/blog/archives/1717

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Spunge wrote: »
    funny, i was choosing between NS2 and chivalry, so glad i got NS2 instead its given me so much more hours. Chivalry is fine, the combat is fresh but its pretty much the same as the original mod.
    Have to admit ,I only played ns2 for about half an hour and got frustrated because of the team I was on and haven't played it since.Trying to complete a few other games before I got back into it cause it seemed like I'd have abit of prep to do before I could play it effectively.Chivalry on the other hand seems like a more casual pick up and play thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Was going to buy this in the Xmas sale but decided to hold off and I'm kinda glad I did.

Been playing it the past couple days and whilst its great fun at times I can't really justify buying a game that just seems so unfinished.

The presentation is fairly awful and everything seems very bare bones.

Hopefully an update spruces it up and I can consider it again. Some of those face offs are just too cool!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭2011abc

Best 11 euro somethin' Ive spent all year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

This used to be a free steam mod for half life 2, it was called Age of chivalry and was still great fun, hope this is the same.

are maps the same as the ones in age of chivalry?... attack the village, stopping peasent being beheaded etc...

seem to remember the player cap on servers being alot higher too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Played 8 hours of this over the free weekend and Im raging I forgot to buy it before the sale ran out. Its not worth 23 quid to me, may wait till its half price again.

Really enjoyed it though. There is some skill to it and its nicely balanced. Of all the matches I played only came across one guy who absolutely cleaned up. 33 kills to 4 deaths in a single FFA round. I got pretty handy with the Vanguard wielding a long pike. Awesome to charge a fella, jump into the air and smash his head open with one clatter! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Mousey- wrote: »
    This used to be a free steam mod for half life 2, it was called Age of chivalry and was still great fun, hope this is the same.

are maps the same as the ones in age of chivalry?... attack the village, stopping peasent being beheaded etc...

seem to remember the player cap on servers being alot higher too

feels pretty much the exact same from what i remember. some of the same maps, some new ones, or tweaked a bit. the combat itself feels pretty much the same.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

New video of some Team objective defence:

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Anyone tried the new update? Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

The new update is very good.
    it seems to have fixed flinching for the most part.

Archer deffinately seems more reliable accuracy/hit registry wise.

haven't bothered with the new weapons. the flail just seems terrible, from fighting against people with it, wind up is way too long, and just doesnt have the damage to make it worth it.

the sling is just stupid, delay between letting the mouse button go and firing the pebble. and the maa baton isn't good, no range, or damage really.

The changes to shield is good, trying to just turtle is bad, as a kick will give your opponent a free hit, so now you have to some what parry attacks with the shield rather than just hold it up.

and fein attack stamina usage is better because theres no longer just spamming the fein button until they block. you can fein attack like 4 times, then you out of stamina.

Although I have to say the changes I feel are better suited for competetive play. I've noticed that in public play you dont need as much though in your fight, as a lot of people just left mouse click non stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Fussgangerzone

I just bought this the other day and it is highly entertaining. It's as hard as the hobs of hell in a "harsh but fair" kind of way, and the action becomes so wonderfully ludicrous. I've only played it as the updated version, and I really like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Met a dude called Robin Hood last night on a FFA server, throne rooms XL was the map. He had a custom yellow armour cloth covering thingy on and a huge zweihander sword, my god he was winning 3v1 fights!

Some funny clips from my time playing Chivalry. The last one is my favorite, I still piss myself every time I watch it :P
    Hope you enjoy it!

Would really appreciate some upvotes on the Reddit thread:

http://www.reddit.com/r/ChivalryGame/comments/19gu4w/chivalry_stupid_clips_collection_of_funny_clips/

Cheers!

Advertisement