Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Hoover Needed

Options
  • 02-10-2012 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

Needed for woden floor's and tiles, also need something to go under the bed... Anybody see any good deals on any type of hoover, or could recommend a good one...that would be class... Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mtdelany

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Needed for woden floor's and tiles, also need something to go under the bed... Anybody see any good deals on any type of hoover, or could recommend a good one...that would be class... Cheers

Spend the extra €100 and get a dyson. you will regret nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Aye....which dyson and where?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

cgarrad wrote: »
    Threw my €420 dyson up on adverts after using one of these.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Compact-Bagged-Cylinder-Vacuum-Cleaner/dp/B005ISUQ94/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349279309&sr=8-1[/QUOTE]

Is it good or very good?

Read the amazon reviews ;-)

Really good.

Actually lifts the carpet on full power but you can adjust the power.

Only thing is use genuine bags, the unifit ones are hopeless.

• Advertisement

Read the amazon reviews ;-)

Really good.

Actually lifts the carpet on full power but you can adjust the power.

Only thing is use genuine bags, the unifit ones are hopeless.

I'm sold...where did you buy kid?
    I love a good hoover i do!

I got it in Currys for €149. Not on their site now but you can ring to check stock.

Threw my €420 dyson up on adverts after using one of these.

http://www.harveynorman.ie/miele-family-care-taker-vacuum.html
    Cant seem to get that in any currys... How about this baby...is it worth it for a few extra quid?

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

We have this one, they are a mighty job. In our house we wouldn't be without it. Just let it loose and it does the hoovering for you.

http://www.irobot.com/ie/store/store_products.aspx?id=263

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Those roombas look fun! I have never used or seen one, useful for the old frozen shoulder I have i'd imagine. I always thought they were 'gimmicky' though...Are they as good at the job as dyson?

• Advertisement

Well they don't really operate on suction so you can't compare them to a Dyson. They have a rotating brush same as a carpet sweeper. They might not be great in corners due to being round but it will go under beds and couches etc.It works because every time we use it it has to be emptied so it is gathering dust.
    We had a Miele similar to the one posted earlier and it hasn't been used since we got this.

Just after seeing that there is a 30 day money back guarantee on it if your not happy with it.

Advertisement