Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Booking Shambles

• 02-10-2012 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Just spent the guts of 3 days trying to book flights to london. I tried every combination of addresses and it wouldn't work. I got AIB to read out my credit card billing address, line by line, character by character.

You have to fill in the postcode so I tried every possible combination of characters there. Tried firefox, safari, internet explorer, clearing cookies. God help me I even tried ryanair 95c/minute support they said reboot the PC. I tried the girlfriend's card, no luck. She tried her card, no luck. I tried laser, mastercard and work Visa. No luck. Eventually on the verge of jumping out the window I tried one last combination with 123456 as the postcode and its gone through.

Will never ever ever travel with Evilair again. Im nearly longing for the old days of travelling with aer lingus for a grand a flight. At least you got champagne and great customer service!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭jt_dublin

I fly with them very regularly to London and it allows me to just put in number 1 as the postcode. They should change their website so that postcodes are not required at all for ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Good old Ryanair, you pay 95c/min for 'support' and all they can suggest is to reboot!

You'd nearly be better off ringing the late night psychics on TV3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

For postcodes I either put in IRE or -, both work fine for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

eire works for me always.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Officer999

For postcodes I always put in n/a

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I put in co dub yesterday and it worked fine. The fact that the OP spent 3 days trying to work it out says more about him than it does about the Ryanair site I fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Lucifer-0

If a post code is still displayed when you select Ireland, it's because of the Dublin post codes, e.g. Dublin 1.
    So just type any number (unless of course your address is Dublin, so you would use your actual code).

Advertisement