Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Taxi in Galway

Options
  • 02-10-2012 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭

I got a flyer through the door from a cab company this morning with a blank space where the fare from my house to town was to be written. It got me thinking. I live near the Galway shopping Center and a cab into town is about €7, or that price to anywhere fairly local. Are there companies out there who can do better or is 7 the standard these days?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭rilly99

squonk wrote: »
    I got a flyer through the door from a cab company this morning with a blank space where the fare from my house to town was to be written. It got me thinking. I live near the Galway shopping Center and a cab into town is about €7, or that price to anywhere fairly local. Are there companies out there who can do better or is 7 the standard these days?

How far are you from town , are you travelling on your own , would you like to pre order the taxi

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

The hackney companies are generally cheaper if you are ordering a cab rather than waving one down. Usually use claddagh for 8 euro from knocknacarra to dominick street, taxi can cost a 10 for the same route

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

The hackney companies are generally cheaper if you are ordering a cab rather than waving one down. Usually use claddagh for 8 euro from knocknacarra to dominick street, taxi can cost a 10 for the same route

Cara Cabs are reasonable also. Knocknacarra to town can easily be €12-13 depending on the route taken, time of day, traffic etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I find Claddagh and Procabs good, depending on which side of town you need to be/leave from.

Have had less than pleasant experiences with Cara so don't use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Surf_Pointer

Live beside Corinthians RFC about halfway between the City and Claregalway. €10 with Pro Cabs. Cheapest company from my house into town.

• Advertisement
Advertisement