Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why don't women invest in a decent sports bra?

• 02-10-2012 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭

A bit of a light hearted thread for a dreary Tuesday. I've been using public transport for the last couple of Saturdays and I've noticed quite a few women out running in groups. They've all got their nice trendy running gear on but they seem to be neglecting their boobs. Now as a woman, one thing I definitely don't want is saggy boobs. I find it kind of funny that they spend a lot of money on the outfits and the runners but can't be bothered to invest in a decent sports bra.

I can't see the point in toning up the rest of the body if your boobs are going to be hanging somewhere near your knees. Its funny to see big chested women running, with the boobs bouncing in all directions, might do themselves an eye injury:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

A bit of a light hearted thread for a dreary Tuesday. I've been using public transport for the last couple of Saturdays and I've noticed quite a few women out running in groups. They've all got their nice trendy running gear on but they seem to be neglecting their boobs. Now as a woman, one thing I definitely don't want is saggy boobs. I find it kind of funny that they spend a lot of money on the outfits and the runners but can't be bothered to invest in a decent sports bra.

I can't see the point in toning up the rest of the body if your boobs are going to be hanging somewhere near your knees. Its funny to see big chested women running, with the boobs bouncing in all directions, might do themselves an eye injury:D

Whats dreary about it, its very sunny where i am and im going christmas shopping in an hour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Now as a woman, one thing I definitely don't want is saggy boobs.

As a man, I also don't want saggy boobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Can't defy gravity forever love.

And why do you care?

And it's lovely and sunny here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Sports bras are sexy.

Especially the patterned lacy invisible ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Whats dreary about it, its very sunny where i am and im going christmas shopping in an hour
    It's grey, raining and miserable where I am. I got a few bits in for Christmas last week along with a few things for Halloween. This year the bulk of the Christmas gift shopping is getting done online. Organisation is the key to avoiding the Christmas nightmare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Boobs bouncing in all directions

nothing wrong with that

Madam_X wrote: »
    Can give it a bloody good try though:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I can't help but notice that the OP has "pumpkin" in his username, and that's all I have to say on the matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Boing boing boing go the boobs. Nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Please tell me you meant to say 'Tuesday Club' rather than 'Christmas Shopping' :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I can't help but notice that the OP has "pumpkin" in his username, and that's all I have to say on the matter.
    Now as a woman, one thing I definitely don't want is saggy boobs

Madam_X wrote: »

And why do you care?

And it's lovely and sunny here.

It just surprised me that women neglect that area. I'm a large chested lady myself and I take care of the boobs when I run. I don't spend much on running gear but I do like to have a decent bra.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Actually I'm a woman:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Thinly veiled "I'm a large chested lady" thread.

It's prob a liberating exprience to let the boobs bounce free. When I go playing football I am often commando under me shorts, give the 'lads' a good bounce around during the game, find it quite invigorating actually :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭pom pom snaz peeler

im actually one of those pigs thats on the run from the law! it was an accident i tells ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Now as a woman, one thing I definitely don't want is saggy boobs. :D

I understand your cause for concern op, you dont want to be getting a belt of a stray floppy one passing them on the street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,464 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

If a man started this thread it would be locked by now.Equality my ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Does running make them saggy? I thought that was just an inevitable result of gravity over time? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

I see lots of potential problems when/if all these 'women' invest in the one bra.

You've not thought this out property OP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

let 'em fly i say, if god wanted boobs not to wobble, he wouldn't have made them wobbley :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

I'm a large chested lady myself

PM sent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Actually I'm a woman:D

:eek:

I did go out with someone called Melanie Melonie once, no further comment:cool:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I bought a good old Triumph sports bra that holds them firmly in place! you can't concentrate on your exercise if you're being whacked in the face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Does running make them saggy? I thought that was just an inevitable result of gravity over time? :(
    There are natural ligaments which keep breasts 'perky'. These do get stretched over time. Gravity plays a part, as does weight loss/gain, pregnancy etc. Running without the correct support will do the same.

I agree OP, it looks awful. I don't know why they do it, maybe it's the cost - a good sports bra can cost between €50-70, but it's a better investment than trendy sportwear.

I also hate when women wear bras that are too small and look like they have four boobs due to spilling out over the top of the cups, or when the straps fall down their arm.

I bought a good old Triumph sports bra that holds them firmly in place! you can't concentrate on your exercise if you're being whacked in the face.

Thinly veiled "I have massive boobs" post lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I for one, think you should all make with the pics on the open forum so you can compare bras with each other...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

Because they are bloody damn expensive thats why and I have tried a good few both from the nike and adidas ranges and you still get nipplitis syndrome! They might be supportive but then you run the risk of poking someones eye out!...I have also tried a few of Penneys offerings and they arent fantastic but they aren't terrible either but I couldnt imagine a larger chested lady squeezing into one...I had one great one from forever21 it was like one of those belvia bras that have come out only with insert pads that prevent the poking out, it was extremely supoortive and comfortable but after a few washes it turned to dust...but for €5.60 or whatever I paid for it ya could have a few on the go....

At the moment I am surviving on a very comfortable no padding bra covered with a stetchy crop top...nothing moves 1 millimeter in any direction :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

As a man, I also don't want saggy boobs.

Buy a sports bra! And go on a diet!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

I hate it when they wear spagetti strap tops and bras of a clashing colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Whatever about them sagging, I'd just find it bloody sore for them not to be adequately supported.

Sports bras/good support ftw.

I wonder if you can get ball-bras for lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

I hate it when they wear spagetti strap tops and bras of a clashing colour.

Ya and the spag top is too tight and there is that awful bulge sticking out under the arm...:o

smash wrote: »

I do believe the Americans call them "jock straps."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Thinly veiled "I have massive boobs" post lol
    What can I say....they're like kids, if you have em you need to mind em!

• Advertisement

What can I say....they're like kids, if you have em you need to mind em!

:D

I do believe the Americans call them "jock straps."
    Na that's just got a cup to protect against impact. You have to wear them when sparring too.

Na that's just got a cup to protect against impact. You have to wear them when sparring too.

They were originally designed for support, according to Wikipedia.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

kfallon wrote: »
    It's prob a liberating exprience to let the boobs bounce free. When I go playing football I am often commando under me shorts, give the 'lads' a good bounce around during the game, find it quite invigorating actually :pac:

T'is all fun and games until the nuts get knotted!

T'is all fun and games until the nuts get knotted!

Everything comes with a risk, nothing worse than getting a bouncing ball that doesn't bounce as high as you think it will and it makes a small contact with your bollix, the worst kind of pain ever! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Toshchiy Imperatritsy Vselennoy

Why don't some men? They could often use one.

:(Some of us ladies don't really need to.:(

Thinly veiled 'my breasts are kinda small thread'.

Anyway don't get us girls started on bras....trying to find the right one is a pain ...bra manufacturors are idiots...:mad:....all A cups are usually always padded and become uncomfortable after an hour. And most sports bras seem to give the larger breasted ladies one big uni-boob.

And i like when your straps clash with your top red top purple strap.....cool:cool:

We need more choice when it comes to sports bras though and better engineering.

And bras better designed for evening wear..most of my friends resort to taping em!

Why don't some men? They could often use one.

:(Some of us ladies don't really need to.:(

Thinly veiled 'my breasts are kinda small thread'.

Anyway don't get us girls started on bras....trying to find the right one is a pain ...bra manufacturors are idiots...:mad:....all A cups are usually always padded and become uncomfortable after an hour. And most sports bras seem to give the larger breasted ladies one big uni-boob.

And i like when your straps clash with your top red top purple strap.....cool:cool:

We need more choice when it comes to sports bras though and better engineering.

And bras better designed for evening wear..most of my friends resort to taping em!

But ye women never sit down and unexpectedly crush a ball, that is soooo painful :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Boobs bouncing in all directions

nothing wrong with that

I agree, not seeing the problem here, I approve of bouncing. In fact sports bras should never be worn

We certainly don't want to see them jiggling around :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

Haha while reading this on my phone I got a pop up for some granny bra advert.
    OP, I bought a good sports bra, but tbh, they don't really work, they still bounce. :p

emzolita wrote: »
    OP, I bought a good sports bra, but tbh, they don't really work, they still bounce. :p

In my mind that means they def work :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Not just for running - dancing too. A local French trad dance group has several women that insist on dressing up as men and doing the more athletic men's dances. It's very distracting watching their chests going solo. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

I got one for some sort of recovery bra.......don't think they'd suit me :pac:

I hate bras, and i fully support womens rights to burn them!!!!!

Shock absorbers max support are good. Don't think any are 100% bounce proof, but these are pretty close!

• Advertisement
Advertisement