Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Death of a spouse

• 02-10-2012 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I would be much obliged if you could answer the following query. My husband and I have been separated legally for the past 20 years. He did not pay maintenance, the family home was re-possessed. He subsequently re-married a woman of thai origin around 7 years ago, even tho he was still married to me. My present home was left to me by my late father and I would like to know if he can get possession of this house, or if on his death, I would be liable for any of his debts or funeral expenses. A divorce was arranged but he pulled out at the last moment. Any help in this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,712 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Should he die, you will not be liable for his debts or funeral expenses.

He could try and get possession of your house, but I wouldn't give much for his chances of success, unless there are unusual facts in his favour which you haven't mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Thunder Biscuit

Thanks Peregrinus!!

Advertisement