Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toshiba 42" Full HD Saorview TV £300 free delivery Amazon Lighting Deal: 9 hours Only

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just set it up for the father..

.. can't complain for the price. Lovely looking TV.

Only negative is sound isn't great out of the box - maybe a search for optimum settings on AVForums will sort it out.

Great buy for €380 though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Missed out on a great deal, if anyone comes across any similar deals - please post them up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

Basq wrote: »

Only negative is sound isn't great out of the box - maybe a search for optimum settings on AVForums will sort it out.

What had your father previously? Very generous of you to buy him a large TV on a whim! :)...I wish my kids would do that for me...and the fact their young teens doesn't excuse them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Ditto for me!

Picture quality on HD is excellent!

Sound was ok but there is a surround sound option in the menu or as I have done, feed it through a home cinema system!

One thing that I've just noticed is that the deal was for a 42" LED TV but I received an LCD TV!

Anyone else notice that?

JackieChan wrote: »
    What had your father previously? Very generous of you to buy him a large TV on a whim! :)...I wish my kids would do that for me...and the fact their young teens doesn't excuse them!
    Didn't buy it for him.. bought it on his behalf.

Don't have that type to be throwing around unfortunately! :D

He had a 23" (or thereabouts) CRT that was on it's way out - wavy lines are edges of screen.
    scout353 wrote: »
    Ditto for me!

Picture quality on HD is excellent!

Sound was ok but there is a surround sound option in the menu or as I have done, feed it through a home cinema system!
    I thought the surround sound settings was even worse (if that's possible! :D).

Will do some tweaking on it over the weekend.
    One thing that I've just noticed is that the deal was for a 42" LED TV but I received an LCD TV!

Anyone else notice that?
    No, you got an LCD screen that's LED backlit.

That's what LED is - it's an LCD screen with an LED backlight as opposed to fluorescent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

anyone got a link to an avforums official owners thread. I might be going mad but thought i had found one before i bought but no sign now!

jmorrisey wrote: »
    anyone got a link to an avforums official owners thread. I might be going mad but thought i had found one before i bought but no sign now!
    Doesn't seem to be one as far as I can see unfortunately..

.. not much wrong with picture settings out of the box but sound definitely needs tweaking IMO.

Doesn't seem to be one as far as I can see unfortunately..

.. not much wrong with picture settings out of the box but sound definitely needs tweaking IMO.

Spent last night playing with the sound (not many options to be honest!) and have to agree that it is very poor!

I ended up with the sound at 100% and it made little difference to where the volume was at 60%.

Having used it all week through my Yahama Home Cinema set up, I reckon that's the only way to go, unless you find some settings in those AV Forums Basq!

Still, poor sound is a small price to pay for a €380 42" full HD TV!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭terencemc

Bought this last month and now, I'm not sure if I really need it - I was going to use it for a house but I just rented a room in a house and there is a tv in the sitting room. Has anyone ever returned a tv with amazon - do I just bring it to the nearest post office after printing off the label?...I still have 5 days to return it

Pop it up on Adverts.

Am sure someone will take it off your hands..

.. I'd say postage will be a fecker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

terencemc wrote: »
    Bought this last month and now, I'm not sure if I really need it - I was going to use it for a house but I just rented a room in a house and there is a tv in the sitting room. Has anyone ever returned a tv with amazon - do I just bring it to the nearest post office after printing off the label?...I still have 5 days to return it

You could try adverts depending on your location I might take it off your hands! Last time I returned to Amazon, they provided a prepaid label to a Dublin address and I just dropped it into a post office,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

terencemc wrote: »

Yeah, And ask the Post Master for a Receipt/Proof of Post.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Id imagine that a few people will be PMing you looking to buy it off you for say 300-320 euro???;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭Jumpaddict

€321.....:)

You would get rid of it easy on Adverts, coming up to xMas and all that

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Jumpaddict wrote: »
    €321.....:)

You would get rid of it easy on Adverts, coming up to xMas and all that

I dont want to buy it,as I have enough flatscreen TVs at this stage.

I was just making the suggestion for anyone else out there and also with regards a price guide.

Regards.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

Sorry to dredge up an oldish thread but did anyone who bought this fella find any useful information regarding optimal picture settings? I got this for my parents but just not very happy with the picture.......

jmorrisey wrote: »
    Sorry to dredge up an oldish thread but did anyone who bought this fella find any useful information regarding optimal picture settings? I got this for my parents but just not very happy with the picture.......

I bought it and find the picture fine but the sound is poor - I run it through a surround sound system

I bought it and find the picture fine but the sound is poor - I run it through a surround sound system
    Yeah, am chuffed with picture quality but sound is bleh.

Was meant to pick up the parents a nice surround sound system.. maybe for the wedding anniversary.

Advertisement