Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National homebrew competition - registration open - ask your questions here!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Mashtun

Well I've gone and entered some beers and the missus booked a weekend away for the same weekend it's on. Is it a necessity to be present on the day?

Also if i can still enter these beers can somebody give me a link for the competition labels so i can print them

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Tube

You don't need to be present for judging.

As for labels, log in to the system, list your entries and you will see the option beside every entry to print labels.

FYI, deadline has been extended till 5pm on Satuday 16th, i.e. tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

My (probably) last question -

I made a raspberry and apple cider. It's really delicious and the raspberry really shines through. Now I used the lidl cloudy apple juice as the base for a few reasons, one of them taste (it's a mild flavour and I didn't want the raspberries being overpowered). Still it is not a clear cider. I read through the judging rules for cider (the "other" section) and one of them specifies clarity. Is there any point in submitting it?

You would lose marks where it's not to style, but there is no such thing as the perfect beer/cider/perry anyway. So I would still enter it.

• Advertisement

Whats the situation with the collection points, can I drop off any time. My local one is revolution in Waterofrd. Should beer be packaged i.e. boxed?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Mashtun wrote: »
    Whats the situation with the collection points, can I drop off any time. My local one is revolution in Waterofrd. Should beer be packaged i.e. boxed?

Should be able to drop off anytime after they open, you'd need to hurry. :P

Doesn't need to be packaged but it would probably help the drop off venue if it was.

As Irish_goat says you need to get moving! Deadline is 5pm today!

I've paid for my last two entries, I have the paypal receipt but the website is saying that i haven't paid. I'll send them in anyway. I presume the organisers can rectify this quite easily!

Bit sceptical that these labels are going to last the course i have to say

• Advertisement

Mashtun wrote: »
    I've paid for my last two entries, I have the paypal receipt but the website is saying that i haven't paid. I'll send them in anyway. I presume the organisers can rectify this quite easily!

If you don't let paypal return you to the competition site the site doesn't get updated with you payment status. Will you PM me your email address and I will cross check.

Thanks for supporting the competition!

Just to thank everyone who entered the competition.

We have 334 beers and ciders from 121 brewers registered in the system. Now the real fun starts!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I didn't get to enter mine. The month from hell has meant it just didn't happen. :(

Khannie wrote: »
    I didn't get to enter mine. The month from hell has meant it just didn't happen. :(

Shame, but I'm not too upset as we're backed out the door! We've just recruited four extra judges to cope with the demand!

Advertisement