Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Text books?

Options
  • 02-10-2012 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

What's everyone reading?

I'm studying externally this year as a repeat, so I know what books I liked from last year, but others I'd rather replace.

I'm studying higher level;
    French: (Triomphe Au Bac, Educational Company. Le Francais Oral, Folens. hmm they are okay.. open to recommendations..)

English: (Poetry Now 2013, Key notes 2013. I like these, clear and informative.)

Geography: (Dynamic Human Geography, although I prefer economic geography. Not too happy with this book tbh, the geoecology section alone..)

History: (Folens series, Sean Delap. I'd fail without these books!)

Business: (21st century Business, C.J. Fallon. Pretty happy with this one.)

Economics: (Modern Economics, Mentor books. Happy with this also.)

Agriculture Science: (Breaking Ground, Educational Company. Love it!)

Biology: (Biology, Educational Company. Think I have the old edition, it's good.)

(I plan to drop a subject by Christmas btw, whichever one I struggle with most. Seven is enough..!)

What books would you recommend ? It's a bit mundane talking about text books I know..! Im curious though as to what other people are studying with. The difference between some textbooks and their quality can be immense, such as Geography! I don't know what book to go for instead, so thought I'd ask for other people experience and opinions, since I couldn't find a similar thread.
    Cheers!

Advertisement