Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do not use 1890 253260 from mobile!!!

• 02-10-2012 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭

Watch how you use 1890 numbers from mobiles!!!!

I have a plan with a major phone supplier that allows 200 mins calls to all landlines and mobiles. Imagine my horror when I used my mobile to call an 1890 number and was charged €2.50 or so for 10mins call to renew my car insurance.

These are supposed to be "low call numbers" but there is nothing low call about €2.50 for 10 minutes!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,469 ✭✭✭vandriver

Many companies have an alternative landline number
    Try www.saynoto1890.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

1890 numbers are supposed to cost the same as a call to a landline.
    25c/min seems pretty reasonable.

It was up to you to find out what the price was and whether it was included in your 'minutes'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭kodoherty93

When I'm on a website I see I they have the number if calling from aboard and I always call that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

The 'Lo' in LoCall does not stand for 'low' ;)

I would never call them numbers anyway, not from the mobile, nor from the landline. Most of them companies have landline numbers which they don't reveal.

Advertisement