Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second hand parts build / request

Options
  • 02-10-2012 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭

My G/F's brother is starting a course in Web Design, He's been out of work for years and wants to learn some new skills.

The PC he has now is a dinosaur and is causing him a lot of problems.

So I want to build him a new PC as a present. I can't spend more then €200 on it, But with the help of the lads here I was hoping we could build a second hand one with parts purchased from ebay / adverts and maybe some donations :)

I was thinking of something like this.

Dual core processor ( 3gig per core maybe)
    2 gig ram
    graphics card with 2 DVI's
    case
    PSU
    motherboard
    HDD

I've got Win 7 for him so he doesn't need that and doesn't need mouse/keyboard or monitor.

His course gave out a copy of Dreamweaver which won't install on his PC.

basically i want to try build the best I can for €200 and give it to him. Everyone needs a hand sometime ;)

I've built PC's before but i know i don't know what goes with what and what won't work with what. So any advice would be great.

Thanks Lads.

Comments

Advertisement