Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Money from your photos...?

• 02-10-2012 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello, my friends... I must ask you... if someone here makes some money from personal pics? And how? Can someone explain or send some guide to share with me, that i can learn...
    Thank you to all...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭sebphoto

Gorky wrote: »
    Hello, my friends... I must ask you... if someone here makes some money from personal pics? And how? Can someone explain or send some guide to share with me, that i can learn...
    Thank you to all...

Depends what kind of photography you like and what drives you.
    Some people sell pics using stock sites (istock, shutterstock, getty), some others shot TFP. There are different ways to sell your pics.
    If you feel that you have strong portfolio then you have some chances, but also you need some luck, time and you must be a hard worker.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i make money from tasteful nude self-portraits. nothing seedy, i assure you - lots of soft focus and romantic lighting, and strategically placed teddy bears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭sebphoto

i make money from tasteful nude self-portraits. nothing seedy, i assure you - lots of soft focus and romantic lighting, and strategically placed teddy bears.

Apparently you're in niche market.
    Post these pics somewhere :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

I made money by selling one of my old cameras:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

C&C thread !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i do it for *money*. not for sharing on forums.
    my clientele would probably be upset with me sharing what were promised to be exclusive, one off prints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭squareballoon

I have several pictures on Getty but I haven't sold any yet so I wouldn't be relying on it for an income :)
    I kind of make money from personal images but not from selling them. I use them as samples to edit on and then sell the edits (so-to-speak)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

You sell pictures of yourself in the nuddy to other people? For money? Cool! :cool: Not sure from the username if its boybits or ladybits hiding behind the teddybears. Maybe a shot of the teddybear (and the look on its face) would clarify that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

1. If you have a site add a Buy Prints page. Ecwid is a free plugin for Wordpress and very easy. I set this up with it in no time- http://www.photoblog.ie/buy-print

Get virtually no sales but if it's not there less chance.

2. Approach cafes, pubs etc. I put 2 Galway Races horse photos in my local pub for the duration of the races.

3. Exhibitions. We have one at work, colleagues can buy if they want.
    We approached a library and had an exhibition there.

4. Sites- Getty (same photo was bought by ESPN two years in a row. photos4me (or similar name), Fiverr (only €5 but there's a higher priced similar one. Galway.com
    Features all things Galway so I've submitted a few sets. Many,many more.

5. Local events. I shot Galway Cope Triathlon, tweeted/facebooked Cope, Galway &Triathlon groups with set of photos. Got request for photo through it.

6. Twitter- tweet people, newspapers, magazines, groups (e.g., djs on radio, if they retweet you get lots of visitors to your site. Visitors=potential buyers.

7. Put photo (6" by 4" mounted, wrapped in plastic) in local store on notice board with details, price, link to site etc.

8. Local markets. Ask an existing arts stand/stall if they'll sell some of your photos, give them a % of any sales.

9. Enter competitions.

For me mains things are have a site with buy prints page, publicise, publicise, publicise yourself/site through all methods.

If people know you as a photographer, are aware and like your photos can lead to business. I've had 2 wedding requests and also local hardware store opening (with Dulux dog posing with kids http://www.photoblog.ie/2011/06/28/every-dog-must-have-its-day/)

Advertisement