Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A&A Feedback

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Perhaps because you have a tendency to lash out at atheists. You are far from innocent, my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Having seen how you post in the conspiracy theory forum, BB, I'm curious as to what your rap sheet looks like.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Perhaps because you have a tendency to lash out at atheists. You are far from innocent, my friend.
    Lash out at atheists? That's funny, I'm agnostic myself. Accommodationist FWIW. If I have a problem with dogmatic, bigoted or extremist atheists it is entirely down to them being "dogmatic, bigoted or extremist". I genuinely couldn't care less if someone else believes in God or not.

This is all besides the point anyway. An example was asked for. I provided one. You've ignored this so I take it you don't dispute it?

Having seen how you post in the conspiracy theory forum, BB, I'm curious as to what your rap sheet looks like.

Not that it's relevant but I've had I think 3/4 bans in 5K + posts. Not too shabby.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Not that it's relevant but I've had I think had 3/4 bans in 5K + posts. Not too shabby.

I've had zero- and zero infractions, that I notice you failed to mention- in 30,000. THAT is not too shabby.

• Advertisement

I've had zero- and zero infractions, that I notice you failed to mention- in 30,000. THAT is not too shabby.
    Congratulations.

Congratulations.

Just pointing out it's actually pretty easy to keep your nose clean while constantly posting to make your point.

I wouldn't consider 3 bands to be proving your point, it proves the other guys point. It's pretty hard to get a ban here.

Just pointing out it's actually pretty easy to keep your nose clean while constantly posting to make your point.

I wouldn't consider 3 bands to be proving your point, it proves the other guys point. It's pretty hard to get a ban here.

Yes, I am more than aware. I have been on the wrong end of all kinds of personal abuse here as well as witnessing disgusting racism and bigotry without anything ever being done.

Again this is all irrelevant but I've had ZERO bans or infractions in this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Yes, I am more than aware. I have been on the wrong end of all kinds of personal abuse here as well as witnessing disgusting racism and bigotry without anything ever being done.

Again this is all irrelevant but I've had ZERO bans or infractions in this forum.

You've been subjected to racism on this forum? I'd love to see evidence of that......

• Advertisement

Corkfeen wrote: »
    You've been subjected to racism on this forum? I'd love to see evidence of that......

Dear me... I said "witnessed". FWIW I have been the victim of religious bigotry on this forum on a number of occasions. From ignorant people who assumed that I must be Muslim as I was slightly less ignorant than them regarding Islam.

Nodin wrote: »
    And here's what I said back then, which rings as true now.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81020894&postcount=93

Rules go out the window when the infallible Nodin decrees it.

If you say so.

Rules go out the window when the infallible Nodin decrees it.

If you say so.

...as ever, distorting the message so much it borders on dishonesty. The fact is that you have a major attitude problem, some serious history and the thread in question was far from your first "contribution" to the forum.

They're liberal around here, hence you have not been banned or permabanned from the place, so I wouldn't knock a broad interpretation of the charter, were I you. Personally I would have thought it best for all concerned were you denied access permanently.

Dear me... I said "witnessed". FWIW I have been the victim of religious bigotry on this forum on a number of occasions. From ignorant people who assumed that I must be Muslim as I was slightly less ignorant than them regarding Islam.

Could you reference some posts that subject a person to religious bigotry. In your case, you tend to have a particular vendetta against this forum and the posters as a result. This tends to result in you getting a bad reception. Religious beliefs will be mocked in this forum and there's no reason that should be prevented.

By the way, there are a fair few religious individuals that post in this forum that are friendly and don't arrive with the agenda of attempting to push their beliefs down our throats etc. In general, as a result they are treated with respect and a normal discussion can ensue. However certain threads such as 'Bitter Atheists' or a person who refuses to maintain any level of actual debate will likely be subjected to a lot of sarcasm because they generally have no argument that they can make stick or they simply ignore everyone and run off on a tangent.

...as ever, distorting the message so much it borders on dishonesty. The fact is that you have a major attitude problem, some serious history and the thread in question was far from your first "contribution" to the forum.

They're liberal around here, hence you have not been banned or permabanned from the place, so I wouldn't knock a broad interpretation of the charter, were I you. Personally I would have thought it best for all concerned were you denied access permanently.

You've had a chip on your solider ever since my first interaction on this forum when I had to politely explain and patiently re-explain what the Talmud was/is.

This was despite the many offensive and personal comments that you made against me which I didn't rise to.

If any of us deserved a ban it was you.

You've had a chip on your solider ever since my first interaction on this forum when I had to politely explain and patiently re-explain what the Talmud was/is.

This was despite the many offensive and personal comments that you made against me which I didn't rise to.

If any of us deserved a ban it was you.

....carrying petty grudges that nobody else remembers - that's another thing that doesn't help. I wasn't talking about any specific incident with regards bans.

....carrying petty grudges that nobody else remembers - that's another thing that doesn't help. I wasn't talking about any specific incident with regards bans.

Naturally, far easier to generalise and be vague when you want to smear somebody on false grounds.

Here is the thread where I was trying to have a civil discussion with you and explain as best I can you your errors and where you dish out personal abuse.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056243629&page=2

Anyway, you are misunderstanding, tis you who apparently carries the grudge. I don't carry any grudges against you. I genuinely don't care about you. I just shrug off and ignore your nasty little one line interjections.

Could you reference some posts that subject a person to religious bigotry. .
    I will, but only if you tell me what difference it will make to you
    In your case, you tend to have a particular vendetta against this forum and the posters as a result. .
    Rubbish. How can you have a vendetta against a forum ffs?
    This tends to result in you getting a bad reception. Religious beliefs will be mocked in this forum and there's no reason that should be prevented..
    What are my "religious beliefs" exactly?
    By the way, there are a fair few religious individuals that post in this forum that are friendly and don't arrive with the agenda of attempting to push their beliefs down our throats etc. In general, as a result they are treated with respect and a normal discussion can ensue. However certain threads such as 'Bitter Atheists' or a person who refuses to maintain any level of actual debate will likely be subjected to a lot of sarcasm because they generally have no argument that they can make stick or they simply ignore everyone and run off on a tangent.
    I don't care what anyone else does. I provided, as requested, a valid example of when an OP posted in good faith wasn't given the respect it warranted.

Naturally, far easier to generalise and be vague when you want to smear somebody on false grounds.

Here (.........) interjections.

Nothing vague about it. Again, distortion bordering on outright dishonesty.

....and being - apparently - in a permanent rage. That's another thing. And trying to interject the same old tired arguments into every new discussion, there's another.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

With all due respect, that wasn't a question, that was a blog.

If this turns into a Feedback trainwreck, it'll have to be temporarily closed and a lot of posts deleted. Fare thee be warned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

A + A has developed the same self defence mechanism that feedback used to use when I first came to boards. This forum doesn't ban people for simply being a troll: the posters tend to tear their argument apart in case anyone else who's genuine is reading then in order to prove the irrelevancy of coming here and trying to ruin the place they veer off (for a while it was dinosaurs and transformers, now it's all about the cake. In feedback it used to be cat pics).

While it can get tiring, imo it serves an important purpose.

To be fair thats actually probably an indictment of this forum, look at the difference in feedback now compared to when i first went onto boards.ie, it was a forum that allowed for some pretty bad personal abuse and at sometimes levels far in advance of any hastle the people raising issues caused (check out the famous thread by the transgender person as an example of how bad it got). Feedback changed for a reason and i would guess most people think its a better forum now (though I am sure there are some posters that enjoyed the baiting aspect)
    Just my 2 cents but thought i would raise the fact that being compared to Feedback back in the day should not be considered a good thing at all.

<snip>
    I'm sorry as i appreciate you've given some effort to this post any response by me would just be repeating what I've already said.

I'm just going to cut to the chase now because this is starting to piss me off.

- Someone commented that they felt that posters here act in packs to delegitimise and spoil threads.
    - Dades commented that he would be surprised if this ever had happened where the OP was made in good faith.
    - Doctor Doom commented that this thread spoilation and self-moderation through trolling was a positive thing.
    - I posted a link to a thread where a perfectly valid thread made in good faith was posted.

Many have tried but nobody has been able to deny the validity of the thread nor had the brass neck to suggest that the response was appropriate.

This raises a problem with Doctor Doom's policy of moderation by vigilantism.

a) The charter becomes no more than window-dressing. Nevermind back-seat moderation but front seat moderation becomes acceptable along with personal abuse as well as trolling.

b) If applied, and it could well work it needs to be applied responsibly and maturely. The vigilante pack of user-mods must need to reserve judgement initially and give any benefit of the doubt to the OP. Not as in the example of my link with the very first response being a trolling one.

c) Someone needs to police the police. There must surely be some boundaries and trolling and/or personal abuse that goes too far. Even when it is used as a means of a "self-defense mechanism". Even if it is for the right reasons a blank cheque given by the mods through tacit approval to ignore the charter and site wide rules is an open invitation for people to take advantage of the situation.

EDIT: D) Mods from other forums should ideally avoid participation in this phalanx of self-appointed user-mods who purposely set out to sabotage threads through trolling as it would make them appear as hypocrites were they to ban someone themselves for trolling.
    ========

This is a genuine attempt to provide some productive criticism as has been my intention all along so I hope that people will take it in the right way.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Dades wrote: »
    With all due respect, that wasn't a question, that was a blog.

If this turns into a Feedback trainwreck, it'll have to be temporarily closed and a lot of posts deleted. Fare thee be warned.

Fair warning. Thread descended into a farce really. Posts deleted. Apologies to those who spent time typing them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

CENSORSHOP!!

Feedback thread imminent.

CENSORSHOP!!

Feedback thread imminent.

Tedious censorship. I mean, Dades is the guy that gets paid. He should have been the one to delete all those 52 posts. :( I swear, he's using Rob and me.

Dades gets paid! Since this is communist,baby eating atheist forum's feedback thread. I feel that the aforementioned pay should be distributed evenly amongst us... Bank details to follow..

Dades gets paid! Since this is communist,baby eating atheist forum's feedback thread. I feel that the aforementioned pay should be distributed evenly amongst us... Bank details to follow..

Yeah, apparently so. We other mods ain't happy with that development. You plebs ain't got claim to anything! So keep yer filthy bank details!

C mod stands for cash mod. Admins get paid direct to their accounts...

... I wonder if Thumped will give me asylum?

Jernal wrote: »
    Fair warning. Thread descended into a farce really. Posts deleted. Apologies to those who spent time typing them.
    While I understand why you did what you did could you at least reinstate my second-to-last post? It is as I've said constructive criticism, sums up everything that I have to say and is relevant to Doctor Doom's post.

For my part I would avoid getting dragged into anymore pointless arguments.

• Advertisement

While I understand why you did what you did could you at least reinstate my second-to-last post?

Done.:)

Advertisement