Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to get wedding album printed?

• 02-10-2012 3:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭

A friend of mine got married abroad recently, and used the services of the photographer that was recommended by the wedding planner which didnt work out so well.
    The photos were only average, and were not edited whatsoever to make any corrections, and the album itself was of very poor quality and badly designed.
    We managed to get a copy of the images in raw format, so we are going to start with editing the images in Photoshop.
    When the images are ready for printing, any recommendations on where to get them printed and put into an album?
    Any good quality upload sites where the images can be uploaded and the album designed and printed that you would recommend?
    Any recommendations appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

2 suggestions -

Graphistudio. Very high quality stuff, but comes at a price. IMHO well worth it.

For a book style that wont cost the earth try Shakespeare in Waterford. They've done the boards photo books for 2 years maybe at this stage. Recently I produced a book with them of old photographs with quite good results so I'd certainly use them again.

Probably others but those two I've used personally.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

tevion wrote: »
    We managed to get a copy of the images in raw format, so we are going to start with editing the images in Photoshop.
    are you a photographer yourself/familiar with editing RAW files?
    if not, it might be worth throwing a few bob at a photographer to do this, an experienced eye might be worth the expense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭tevion

are you a photographer yourself/familiar with editing RAW files?
    if not, it might be worth throwing a few bob at a photographer to do this, an experienced eye might be worth the expense.

Thanks for the advice. Am a amateur/hobbist photographer with a lot of experience with RAW and image editing, I just dont print that often and have no experience with printing a wedding album.
    Ideally I'd like to use a printer where I can upload the photos to their website and pick/design the album/photobook online.
    But it there are none that are good enough for a wedding album, a normal printer shop is fine, preferably in the Dublin area, as am based in Lucan.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 image1960

Photocare in Abbey St, www.photocare.ie
    do Pro Wedding books. Tell them you are a Photographer and you get 10x10" 30 page book for €200 or 12x12" for €300. Download the software from their website by clicking on Photobooks.

Advertisement