Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brewpi

Options
  • 02-10-2012 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭

BrewPi is an open source fermentation controller that runs on an Arduino (for now) and a Raspberry Pi. It can control your beer temperature with 0.1 degree precision, log temperature data in nice graphs and is fully configurable from a web interface.

More here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Tube

Darn, I was hoping for a Brewmiser type thing.

That really should be called Fermpi...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Anyone attempted to build this?

The guy has moved towards selling ready made componants to draw in developers and programmers. All the electrical stuff is new to me but if I can find some one who knows their way around relays and switches then I'd be up for the challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭tommiet

here is a much simpler design, i use heat belt to heat up the fermenter and the chest freezer to cool it down, i ferment in a chest freezer.. its been working great for me, i all so condition my bottles in it..

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/ebay-aquarium-temp-controller-build-163849/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I am using an electric radiator and a thermometer in a small insulated room. It took me a day to figure out exactly where to set the rad but i am happy enough i got it right now, the air temp in the room has been hovering around 19 degrees since 24 hours ago. No feedback / control involved, I am just tweaking the rad as i need to. My house is slightly colder than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭joctcl

tommiet wrote: »
    here is a much simpler design, i use heat belt to heat up the fermenter and the chest freezer to cool it down, i ferment in a chest freezer.. its been working great for me, i all so condition my bottles in it..

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/ebay-aquarium-temp-controller-build-163849/

I have 3 of these now, one of which permanently regulates my fridge and 60w heater in the bottom on the hear side .

• Advertisement
Advertisement