Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deep Sea Fishing

Options
  • 02-10-2012 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭

Just wondering could anyone recommend me a deep sea rod and reel, The fathers one broke the last day and Im going to get him a new one, thanks in advance

Going to add we mostly fish big conger, pollock, cod, makerel nothing crazy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭dmc17

astonaidan wrote: »
    The fathers one broke the last day

http://amazonas.town.ie/products/17641

I bought a Shakespeare Ugly Stik from these guys. Apparently they're "unbreakable". Good price and free delivery :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

Diawa slosh 20 multi reel loaded with 40lb braid of your choice and the Diawa kenzaki braid 12-20lb or the Penn TRQ braid boat 12-20lb. I use both these set ups and they'll land pretty much anything for you and wont feel like your fishing with the handle of a brush.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

If you're only going out a few times a year, wait for the Lidl combos. They're pretty good for €29

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

If your planning on fishing more then a few times a year dont bother with the lidel stuff, Iv seen them brake numerous times.There just not up to the task of pulling up big conger or cod.

The stuff I suggested would cost your about 150.If its a bit much get the Shakespeare ugly stix and the Diawa slosh 20.You'll get the whole kit for under 100 bucks.

Have a look at this site for anything to do with fishing,the lads here will point you in the right direction.

http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org

Advertisement