Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday Night in the City Centre

Options
  • 02-10-2012 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi,

I have some work colleagues over from the UK and need to bring them out for a few socialable drinks tonight in town.

Was thinking of heading to Dawson St area (Cafe en Seine and what used to Ron Blacks).

Does anybody know if there will be much a crowd about here or should I be thinking of going somewhere else???

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Hi,

I have some work colleagues over from the UK and need to bring them out for a few socialable drinks tonight in town.

Was thinking of heading to Dawson St area (Cafe en Seine and what used to Ron Blacks).

Does anybody know if there will be much a crowd about here or should I be thinking of going somewhere else???

Thanks

If they are into live music, the ruby sessions at doyles is really good and always busy. Dont know how busy the dawson st strip will be on a tues, its more a friday and sat area. But all very impressive bars. Samsara, the pink, no. 37 and cafe en seine. You could head down to wexford/camden st. Against the grain, bernard shaw anseo etc would be a good choice. If you want busy id say temple bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

There's always McDaid's or O'Donoghue's for a few quality pints in an "ould Dublin" bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

O'Donoghue's is a fantastic place i always go there and good during the week as its not as packed and the stout is fab and you never know who you meet

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

patwicklow wrote: »
    O'Donoghue's is a fantastic place i always go there and good during the week as its not as packed and the stout is fab and you never know who you meet

Diceys garden would be busy and cheap drinks. You could watch barcelona with the spanish in the champions league if they are into football :-) always a good international atmosphere there. Wildes, the new club on wicklow st have entertainment 7 nights a week for something different. Think they screen films ona tues on the biggest led screen in the country. Globe and rira will be good tonight. So too sweeneys and 4 dame lane. Get good groups in the porterhouse, gypsy rose too.There are so many places in central dublin, sometimes its just worth wandering and see what you find :-)

Advertisement