Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc Research Project Ideas - Networking & Security

• 02-10-2012 5:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I'm currently studying an MSc in Networking & Security.

In the second semester we will begin our research project and so far I have come up with a few broad ideas.

1. Near Field Communication (NFC) Security and Exploits - With this topic coming up in the news lately I thought it may be an interesting route to explore and learn more about.

2. Anti Virus Security & Penetration - What it says on the tin.

These are all I have possibly come up with so far but I know it wants to be something in the Network Security domain.

Anyone have any suggestions/tips on possible research topics.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭birchtree

Have a look at hot topics - security for cloud computing, smart phone security. Personal data and identity theft is another big one.

I'm doing MSc in Data Analytics, and looking for research project ideas as well! Looking for areas that have not yet been well exploited by Data Mining and Business Intelligence. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭Woodward

birchtree wrote: »
    Have a look at hot topics - security for cloud computing, smart phone security. Personal data and identity theft is another big one.

I'm doing MSc in Data Analytics, and looking for research project ideas as well! Looking for areas that have not yet been well exploited by Data Mining and Business Intelligence. Any suggestions?

It has been well explored but there is still a huge amount of work to be done in data mining the chemical literature for drug design

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭Woodward

birchtree wrote: »

It has been well explored but there is still a huge amount of work to be done in data mining the chemical literature for drug design

Advertisement