Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Postal question?

• 02-10-2012 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭

Im hoping some one might know here.

What does shipped mean? Does the postal office have it or is it meant for me?

I got a tracking order number and it was despatched last friday. It has now changed to shipped.

We have had a new post man lately and he's been delivering our mail to the wrong house. Another house with same surname. We called in to the neighbours but they lied. We have no proof but just maybe I do now with a tracking number.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

"Shipped" usually just means that its been handed to a courier service and begun its journey.

(In future it might be better to have good sent to a different address? Trustworthy friend/relative?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I thought this was about shooting up your workplace and stalk from office to office with an Armalite AR-10 carbine gas-powered semi-automatic weapon, pumping round after round into colleagues and co-workers. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It means it's left the company you bought it off and it's in transit.

You should be able to see roughly where it's been with the tracking number and usually the package has to be signed for on delivery so you'll be able to find out that it's been delivered and who accepted the parcel.

If it's saying shipped instead of delivered it's probably somewhere in transit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Thanks, im just a bit paranoid after having two very important things not being delivered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I thought this was about shooting up your workplace and stalk from office to office with an Armalite AR-10 carbine gas-powered semi-automatic weapon, pumping round after round into colleagues and co-workers. :(
    I thought you said that you thought this was about shooting-up in your workplace...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

your neighbours lied??? Do they read boards??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

As said above it just means they changed the status of the item at the supplier.

In a stores dept / shipping dept:
    Picked: took it off shelf and brought it to shipping for wrapping and addressing.
    Dispatched: left it for courier to pick up.
    Shipped: probably the same as dispatched, or means the courier took it.

Where I worked I’ve come across things that were shipped on the system and never left the place.
    If it is a courier you know it is in transit if you see it moving from location to location e.g. Frankfurt, Gatwick, Dublin then you know it is close.

I put a 4 x 11 inch letterbox in my door years ago before the internet. Now most things can be pushed through the letterbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

If you have a tracking number then the delivery company's web site should be able to give the package's current location. Some even show the signature of the person who accepted the package if it has been delivered.

"Shipped" can mean anything. One place I worked years back, "shipped" meant that John had told Mike to leave a message for Tom to start thinking about maybe putting it into a box. It could be days later before it actually made its way onto a truck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

We have had a new post man lately and he's been delivering our mail to the wrong house. Another house with same surname. We called in to the neighbours but they lied. We have no proof but just maybe I do now with a tracking number.
    Thanks, im just a bit paranoid after having two very important things not being delivered.

lol at the constant fishing for people to ask about these fictitious thieving neighbours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

lol at the constant fishing for people to ask about these fictitious thieving neighbours.

When your surname is Magpie, then what can you expect?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

So are the sex toys on the way OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

kfallon wrote: »
    So are the sex toys on the way OP?

On the way to the neighbours, didn't you read the op? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Shipping:
    A term used to describe fan fictions that take previously created characters and put them as a pair. It usually refers to romantic relationships, but it can refer platonic ones as well. (Just think of "shipping" as short for "relationSHIP".)

Your package has moved on, it has a new life now. Let it go.....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

An email I got
    Dear customer,

Your order BXYZ has been split shipped to the post office

because that some items of this order are out of stock. We have contacted our suppliers.

We will send the rest items of this order to you in the first time when we
    get them back in stock.

For details, please check the other notification. We apologize for the
    inconvenience caused by this.

Now the Order Status is Split Dispatching.

Estimate Arrival Time : [ 10-40 Days after we posted ]
    What's in the order ?

Random crap from China, by the time I it arrives it will be a surprise
    :)

Cargos go by ship and shipments go by car.

I read the thread title as Portal question. *sigh* Some day it will happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

When it says "delivered" and you did not receive it, then worry.

Advertisement