Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When do you put up your Christmas tree :)

Options
  • 02-10-2012 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

I'm just wondering when other people put up there trees :) I put mine up on the 10th of November :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

When it rains, or is that my umbrella I'm
    thinking of??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

IrishGurll wrote: »
    I'm just wondering when other people put up there trees :) I put mine up on the 10th of November :D

Omg 10th November :-O!! We put ours up up the night of the toyshow - I thought that was early!!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭IrishGurll

leahyl wrote: »
    Omg 10th November :-O!! We put ours up up the night of the toyshow - I thought that was early!!
    Lol well we only started doing it 3 years ago because we just could not wait ! and plus you get to have all you're pretty decorations out longer :D hehe

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

leahyl wrote: »

Usually the day of the toy show or night before. Going to be first year in my own place so I'll decide when to put it up. Will prob wait until the last week in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭angel_wings

We put ours up around the 25th Nov.....love having it up for the Toy Show but couldnt face doing it that evening as its hectic enough getting dinners done and kids into their pjs to watch the show without the excitement (hassle) of putting a christmas tree up too! I just clean up, light fire, switch on tree lights and wer set :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

I put mine up the same day as the lights are switched on, on the Christmas tree in O'Connell Street, Dublin. We make a day of it, bring the kids to see Santa, go for dinner, see the lights ceremony (which is fantastic!!!!) then go home and put the tree up. Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭irishbarb

We normally put up ours like two weeks before Christmas, but I still live at home right now. When I get my own place, God only knows how early it'll be up, probably straight after Halloween :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

put mine up around the weekend of the 8th december. That's time enough. By the time New Years Eve comes round I can't wait to take it down (usually new Years Day)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Normally 15/16th Dec and whip it back down around 3rd Jan! But this year there will be NO TREE!! :eek::eek:

Going away for Xmas :D:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Dovies wrote: »
    Normally 15/16th Dec and whip it back down around 3rd Jan! But this year there will be NO TREE!! :eek::eek:

No christmas tree!! :eek:

Have you not seen Christmas with the Kranks?

FREE FROSTY!!!

• Advertisement

lockie1983 wrote: »
    No christmas tree!! :eek:

Have you not seen Christmas with the Kranks?

FREE FROSTY!!!

Lol guess I had better watch that movie then!
    Nope no tree - might put up a few bits just to make the house look occupied over the 'festive season'. But really can't be doing with arriving back on 5th jan and having to 'undecorate' and then washing my bikinis and shorts! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Normally so it is all ready for the 8th December which also is our wedding anniversary

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Generally the last Saturday in November. :)
    This year I'm getting a new tree, I might get a fancy one with built-in lights to save the annual detangling nightmare!

:eek::eek: You're going away for Christmas???!! How COULD you?:(:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

We go as a family to see the lights etc on Christmas Eve. While we are out the domestic staff put the tree in the hall and do the decorations. Always wonderful to return home to that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

I'm pretty sure they allow a small tree in your cell. There'll certainly be a communal one on the landing.

mitosis wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they allow a small tree in your cell. There'll certainly be a communal one on the landing.

Lol Busted! :o

Posy wrote: »
    This year I'm getting a new tree, I might get a fancy one with built-in lights to save the annual detangling nightmare!

Detangling is part of the fun of putting up the lights on the tree!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

The day before Christmas Eve usually, tends to come down again around the 2nd of January then.

The day before Christmas Eve usually, tends to come down again around the 2nd of January then.

Bah humbug!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Ours always went up after the 6th of December (that's one of my sisters' birthdays, and the reason)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

I think the December 24th-January 3rd brigade are in the wrong forum tbh. Did you guys mean to post in an Afterhours 'Bah Humbug' thread or something?

Mine us going up November 26th. Mother will be coming back from a 3 month visit to her Sister in Perth on the 27th and she asked if I could put up the decorations a few days early to take the sting out of coming home from 30 degree+ temperatures to 5 or 6. :D

That said, it's only about 4 or 5 days early for us as we are 1st December types. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Wow, that is early! I think I put mine up on the 27th November last year, which was really early for me. I was away the following weekend, so it was either that or the 10th which I felt was too late. To be honest, I was a bit sick of the sight of it come Christmas, I think it took the specialness out of it or something. This year, it’s either the 1st or the 8th. Not sure which I’ll go for, the 8th feels very late especially since I go up home the weekend before Christmas for the holidays, so that would leave it up only 2 weeks. I am definitely in the take it down asap camp. I think I took it down new years day last year! Would hate the thought of it still being up when I returned to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭IrishGurll

ncmc wrote: »
    Wow, that is early! I think I put mine up on the 27th November last year, which was really early for me. I was away the following weekend, so it was either that or the 10th which I felt was too late. To be honest, I was a bit sick of the sight of it come Christmas, I think it took the specialness out of it or something. This year, it’s either the 1st or the 8th. Not sure which I’ll go for, the 8th feels very late especially since I go up home the weekend before Christmas for the holidays, so that would leave it up only 2 weeks. I am definitely in the take it down asap camp. I think I took it down new years day last year! Would hate the thought of it still being up when I returned to work.
    I suppose it is quite early hehe , But me and my mam LOVE Christmas so much , It dosen't get old for us having our tree up that early it just makes it more fun + We have loads of time to add more decorations and stuff so I love doing it early , I hope you have a merry Christmas this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

When I lived at home we'd always put up the tree on Christmas Eve morning and me and my siblings would decorate it while watching Christmas movies on TV. :o But last Christmas was sort of my first Christmas living in my own place so I put up the tree a week before Christmas. We always have a real tree so we can't put it up very early or it'll die before Christmas. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Next week, probably. Not sure how a real tree will survive for the 3 months until Little Christmas but shure we'll give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

We put ours up the morning of the Toy Show when I lived at home. Not sure when we'll put it up this year as its our first Christmas in our new place but the latest it'll go up is December 1st :pac:

juan.kerr wrote: »
    Next week, probably. Not sure how a real tree will survive for the 3 months until Little Christmas but shure we'll give it a try.

You're joking right? :eek:

I mean I'm a Christmas nut as much as the next nut here but putting your tree up in October, seems really really early!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

Will be the 7th or 8th of December this year :D

• Advertisement

Will be the 7th or 8th of December this year :D

Didn't you have a picture of Homer with a Santa Hat as your avatar around the festive season last year?!:)

Advertisement