Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When do you put up your Christmas tree :)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Posy wrote: »
    I hope Paddy's tree is for outdoors, otherwise he must live in a castle! :eek:

Its for the garden.:)

7-8 foot real tree for indoors

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Can't wait to see pictures of the finished product! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

paddy147 wrote: »
    Where do you live??

A few places in Dublin allready selling them

Bray- haven't seen any around yet!

My tree has been unboxed and I will be decorating tomorrow!! :):)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

My tree has been unboxed and I will be decorating tomorrow!! :):)

Finished 2 hours ago expect pictures tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

8th of december each year

Bubblefett wrote: »
    Bray- haven't seen any around yet!

B&Q are selling them,as is a place in Dundrum too.

The "pick your own" Christmass tree farms are all opening from next weekend onwards too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

The "pick your own" Christmass tree farms are all opening from next weekend onwards too.
    I've wanted to go to one of these since watching National Lampoon Christmas Vacation.

Anyone know of any in/near Dublin and how much they charge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Captain Commie

We dont really have a normal time to put one up, just depends really. Last year we didnt put one up in our own gaff as stayed with the wife's parents back in ireland, this year, our tree went up on wednesday just gone

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Assassin saphir

Today is the day. I can't wait any longer. Yipee!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

I erected my tree last night to be decorated tonight after a nice christmassey family day out. Heading in to meet my brothers / wives / nieces / nephews / parents ect at 1pm and then off for the annual group Santa visit(we always get a photo with Santa and all the grandchildren for my parents house)

Then all of us are going for dinner to Nandos or Jimmy Chungs or somewhere that can accommodate all of us with having to book and then we'll be there for the lights being turned on in O'Connell Street. Its extra special this year as they are having a Christmas Jumper Guinness World record thing also so I expect there to be much more people this year. Then home for decorating and hot chocolate!! I love this day!!!!

Squ wrote: »
    I've wanted to go to one of these since watching National Lampoon Christmas Vacation.

Anyone know of any in/near Dublin and how much they charge?

Have a read of my post from yesterday

Farms and their links included in post.:)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81918763&postcount=2

We dont really have a normal time to put one up, just depends really. Last year we didnt put one up in our own gaff as stayed with the wife's parents back in ireland, this year, our tree went up on wednesday just gone

Do they go in for Christmass in a big way over in Abu Dhabi??

Would the stores and shops have lots of decorations and trees up on display?

Honest question.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Captain Commie

paddy147 wrote: »
    Do they go in for Christmass in a big way over in Abu Dhabi??

Would the stores and shops have lots of decorations and trees up on display?

Honest question.:)

The locals dont go for it at all as it is seen as a Christian holiday here (which it is, but not starting that debate). With 80% of the population here being expat, there is always different holidays being celebrated, Christian, Muslim, Himdi etc etc.

For the last week or so there have been more and more decorations appearing in shops.

Had to settle for a fake tree this year as a real tree costs around the equivalent of 100euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Got the tree and garlands up. Half of 2 sets of lights stopped working after going on tree despite testing fine before I put them on. Gave up in frustration with the intention of finishing the job today.

Just before I was going to start I got the mother off all Migraines of the kind that make you wish you were dead. Several hours in a dark room later and loaded up with Ponstan and Tylex and........I'm too doped up to be getting on a ladder :rolleyes: :D

I guess tomorrow is another day. :D

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Put my tree up today :) it's so festive and Christmassy now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 summer breezer

put up xmas tree on 5th december!

My tree went up today, yippee! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Q_ueeny

My tree went up today, yippee! :)

So did mine!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

We never put it up in our house til 2 weekends before Christmas :( I kinda want to put it up on Dec 1st though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

Friday 30th -
    1 Take a Half Day
    2. Buy more decorations
    3. Go see rise of the Guradians with the little one
    4. Put up decorations
    5. Baths for everyone
    6.Toy Show, Good food and some cheeky german beers for myself and wine for herself. CANT wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Ours went up today as my dad works in uk but was home this weekend so we put it up today probably abit early but its nice to look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

We put most of the decorations up yesterday and the Christmas tree was put up today. Love it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭msbusterpuss

I put mine up last night!!! Just have a few little jobs to do this evening and then I am all set for the toy show :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Silas45

The tree goes up on the 14th/15th maybe. Can't wait! :) The rest of the decorations in the kitchen and the halls then usually get left till a few days later!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

In around the second weekend of December. So this year, around the 9th/10th.

Saw a house with all the outside lit up,up in Finglas tonight.

Plain white lights,no coloured lights.

Looked nice IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 land lover

One week before Christmas

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Mine went up on Sunday. SO excited. And Christmas FM at 8am. OMG. Im going to post my cards On thursday :D It's really beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lots of trees going up but not so many pics going up in the show us your trees thread, come on people, I want to have a festive snoop into your homes! :P

Advertisement