Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When do you put up your Christmas tree :)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Not yet, it's still not perfect enough!!

Also, I am crap at taking a photo of my tree, it always looks rubbish in pictures compared to in real life! :(

But, soon... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Here

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Here

That's a fab tree Thunderbird!

Once more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

That's a lovely tree Thunderbird.
    Mine is hopefully going up tonight, CAN NOT WAIT!!! I usually wait until around the 8th but decided not to this year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,866 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Lovely tree thunderbird. You should put it in the "Show us your Christmas Tree" thread

• Registered Users Posts: 14 akiko

Im planning on getting a tree this weekend, so excited! What do people think of getting a real one? Any advice?

akiko wrote: »
    Im planning on getting a tree this weekend, so excited! What do people think of getting a real one? Any advice?
    Get a real one! Nothing like it :)
    Put a little bowl of water in under it and it will stop it from drying out and shedding! :)

Gee_G wrote: »
    Put a little bowl of water in under it and it will stop it from drying out and shedding! :)

Thanks Gee_G I am so excited!

• Advertisement

Thanks Gee_G I am so excited!
    Me too! Mine's lying in the hall waiting to be put up. Don't think I couLd manage it myself tho, so might have To wait til this evening when oh gets home :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Gee_G wrote: »

Put the tree IN WATER with some sugar solution too.;)

Feed the tree with up to 1 litre of water every 3-4 days or so.

Just had a 5.5 foot potted tree delieverd,also a 7 footer and a 14 footer aswell.

Real Noble Firs are beautifull and really bring home the sight and smell of Christmass time.:)

paddy147 wrote: »
    Just had a 5.5 foot potted tree delieverd,also a 7 footer and a 14 footer aswell.

Real Noble Firs are beautifull and really bring home the sight and smell of Christmass time.:)

Hi Paddy,

I love the idea of the potted tree! Silly question - but is it possible to plant those after Christmas?

Thank you!

Put the tree IN WATER with some sugar solution too.;)

Feed the tree with up to 1 litre of water every 3-4 days or so.
    Sorry, wasn't clear enough about putting the tree in the water :) not just leaving the bowl under the tree :D

Hi Paddy,

I love the idea of the potted tree! Silly question - but is it possible to plant those after Christmas?

Thank you!

Thats what you do,you plant them into a much bigger pot,or else you plant them straight into the ground,and you let it grow,but you prune it so that it develops and keeps its shape.

I dont know about keeping a potted tree indoors for a few weeks and then planting it outdoors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

There was a noble fir planted in our garden when we bought the house last year..

Tried the old bringing it in in a large planter for christmas then replanting it in January..

Didn't work.

Squ wrote: »
    There was a noble fir planted in our garden when we bought the house last year..

Tried the old bringing it in in a large planter for christmas then replanting it in January..

Didn't work.

2 words...Roots and SHOCK.

2 words...Roots and SHOCK.
    2 words...Saw and fire.

Smelled nice.

Squ wrote: »
    2 words...Saw and fire.

Smelled nice.

You do know that you are linning the chimney or stove with creasote from the sap residue and moisture that is still in the trunk and branches of the Xmass tree.;)

If you transplant propperly then there is no reason why the tree cannot survive in a bigger pot..

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

I put my tree up this evening as my parents were visiting so able to help me and ensure I didn't end up tangled in the lights! 6 foot artificial tree with 400 white lights on it and some very random ornaments that I've picked up over the years!

I put a second tree up tonight, in my kitchen, woo!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I put up my tree tonight! :D

Trees galore! \o/

I'd say a load will be going up tomorrow and over the weekend. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Well today is the day, making pancakes for the kids for breakfast, then off to school. Hopefully OH and I won't kill each other putting up all the stuff before they get home from school. So excited!!!! Convinced my 5 yr old I wasn't putting any up this year as it was too much hassle. Cannot wait to see their faces tonight. :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Tonights the night!!! (and I don't mean the Rod Stewart song!:D) Woohoo! All decorations are down from the attic.....it's gonna be a LOOOOONG night!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Well today is the day, making pancakes for the kids for breakfast, then off to school. Hopefully OH and I won't kill each other putting up all the stuff before they get home from school. So excited!!!! Convinced my 5 yr old I wasn't putting any up this year as it was too much hassle. Cannot wait to see their faces tonight. :):):)

:eek::(:pac:

leahyl wrote: »

:eek::(:pac:
    Thought the same (minus the pac)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I have to go out and source some xmas trees and check the lights work :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

leahyl wrote: »
    Tonights the night!!! (and I don't mean the Rod Stewart song!:D) Woohoo! All decorations are down from the attic.....it's gonna be a LOOOOONG night!

RIGHTNOW!

Will update the picture thread later.

Advertisement