Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When do you put up your Christmas tree :)

Options
123457»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Mine went up yesterday! \o/ I'm delighted :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Woo-hoo! Decorations galore!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

We put them up whenever my dad has a day or two off together as he has to get all the boxes etc. out of the attic.
    He did most of it by himself this year as I had to go away for a few days but was lovely to come back to a decorated house!
    My mother does a lot of cross stitch (which would be up year round anyway) but she swaps lots of them for Christmas cross stitch pictures she's done. She's also done bows and stockings (cross stitch) and decorations for the trees.
    When I get a chance (bit unwell at the moment) I'll take some pics and put them up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

I just put the tree up there, the fairy lights are now on, but the bows and balls can wait 'till tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Mine has been sitting in the corner of the spare room fully dressed with a plastic bag over it since last year. Every now and then one of the cats rummages around for a bauble and chases it around the floor.

I'm contemplating just cutting some of the old lights off as half on them failed by last Jan and they are tangled beyond belief.

With a bit of luck I'll have it up by the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I put up my tiny, fibre optic work tree today. It was listing to one side like the leaning tower of Pisa and making alarming noises when plugged in.
    I had to attack it with a screwdriver and fix the workings and eventually, with the help of some baubles, it ended up looking pretty presentable, and is standing straight and tall* too, yippee. :)

*as tall as a three foot Christmas tree can be

Advertisement