Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pop up shop?

Options
  • 02-10-2012 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi

I am trying to find out if anyone here has had a pop up shop in the city centre and if so, for how long and roughly what is the cost? Is there many companies/landlords offering pop-up shops for periods of a weekend or two?

I am thinking of doing one but finding it difficult to get any information.

Hope to hear some good news on this subject :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

http://www.dlrcoco.ie/aboutus/councildepartments/hrcodevelopmentboard/findit/popupshopinitiative/
    Fingal county council did it too they had a unit in Swords
    http://shoppingworld.ie/

I thought you took them on a month basis I am not sure about only weekends. If you go through the info on the sites above it should tell you everything you want to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bornfree17

Many thanks for the info highlandseoghan, there is plenty of information on these websites which is very useful however, it would appear both websites are generally for the outskirts of Dublin as oppose to Dublin City Centre. It does answer a lot of my question mind you. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

There the only pop up shops I have ever heard of, I havent heard of any pop up shop schemes in the city centre. Have you tried contacting auctioneers about renting a unit on short term basis. There is units in the city that have been lying idle that I am sure you could do a deal on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bornfree17

I think you are right, there does not appear to be any schemes in town. I have heard of people with a pop up shop in the Hibernian Mall which I presume was a deal done with an auctioneer or landlord, as you suggest. I will most likely go down this route as a shop in town is ideally what I'm looking for.

Thanks again for your advise.

Advertisement