Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

spilled fuel on roads

• 02-10-2012 7:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭

Is just me or has any1 else noticed the increase in spilled fuel/diesel on the roads, the N4 seems to be covered in it and I nearly dropped the bike outside the court house beside phoenix park going around the corner!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Is just me or has any1 else noticed the increase in spilled fuel/diesel on the roads, the N4 seems to be covered in it and I nearly dropped the bike outside the court house beside phoenix park going around the corner!
    Very apt username then :), nothing more heart-stopping than seeing patches of spilled fuel in front of you, I use the N4 most days and haven't noticed it, I might have been just lucky though, although I nearly went taking the right turn on to the quays from heuston station a few weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

That nearly caught me the other day too.. Although Conyingham Road was always bad for oil slicks due to the bus depot there.

A good indication of a diesel spill will be the smell before you reach it, so always go with your senses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Use the N4 myself but haven't noticed any oil. Ill keep my eyes peeled tomorrow morning. I seen fuel on the road for the first time on the spin last sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭GBX

And the price of it you'd think people would be more frugal with spilling it everywhere.
    Can be lethal this time of year with the damp roads as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,411 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Dublin Bus laid a nice trail along Monastery Road in Clondalkin yesterday - both directions :rolleyes:

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭carefull now!

ninja900 wrote: »
    Dublin Bus laid a nice trail along Monastery Road in Clondalkin yesterday - both directions :rolleyes:
    Buses and taxis seem to be the main culprits giving most of the spills iv seen have been in the bus lanes. You'd wonder do they know there leaking and don't care or has it just not been serviced lately! Either way doesn't look good really does it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

vektarman wrote: »
    Very apt username then :), nothing more heart-stopping than seeing patches of spilled fuel in front of you, I use the N4 most days and haven't noticed it, I might have been just lucky though, although I nearly went taking the right turn on to the quays from heuston station a few weeks ago.

Me too!! Rear wheel kept loosing it in the wet on that corner. Maybe it was the wet but I have a suspicion that it was oil.

Today a truck drove out on front of me on that right turn. I gave him the angry WTF look at he laughed and done that biker expression with his hands on handle bars. His mate in the truck was laughing.

I ended up getting off my bike and eating the head off him about it. In the end.. he realised he was in the wrong and appologised. He didn't know he should Yield right of way to traffic coming from Heuston station resulting in me almost sliding under his dirty truck. I doubt he even had a permit to be driving on the quays in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Me too!! Rear wheel kept loosing it in the wet on that corner. Maybe it was the wet but I have a suspicion that it was oil.

Today a truck drove out on front of me on that right turn. I gave him the angry WTF look at he laughed and done that biker expression with his hands on handle bars. His mate in the truck was laughing.

I ended up getting off my bike and eating the head off him about it. In the end.. he realised he was in the wrong and appologised. He didn't know he should Yield right of way to traffic coming from Heuston station resulting in me almost sliding under his dirty truck. I doubt he even had a permit to be driving on the quays in the first place.

A lot of drivers seem to have that problem. I wonder would they ever consider putting a different system in there.

Advertisement