Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half Price Storage Heating

Options
  • 02-10-2012 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Might be going back to this but need some advice pls.

1. Is the old 'plan' still available, where after 11pm your heaters come on and go off round 8am with a 2hr boost usually between 2-4pm.

2. Meterering: Is a new single meter installed for this or is my current meter
    replaced with a dual meter.

3. Is there a minimum number of radiator requirement.

I'm not interested in the Night Rate saver where ALL your electric is charged at
    half price after 12 midnight.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Danjo-xx,

With a night storage meter (specifically for storage heaters, no other appliances) there is indeed the lower rate of approximately half (slightly less) between midnight and 9am at the moment, 11pm and 8am after the clocks go back in a few weeks.

What type of meter do you have at the moment?

There is no minimum number of storage radiators required for this system.

With regards to your mention of a boost between 2-4pm, we are not familiar with this - a boost would just have to be carried out manually.

All the best,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

thanks for your quick reply Una,

I just have a simple single dial meter. (house 30yr old)

When my family had the storage heating the ESB fitted a separate meter
    and a time clock for this and both were sealed.

The time clock was set for the 8/9hrs night use and was also set
    for a 2hr afternoon boost. So all charged at the half price rate.

I'm guessing it is still the same now, but I suppose this is more of a Networks issue so maybe I should contact them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi again Danjo-xx,

I would have to look at the specific details for you. Can you private message me the MPRN (meter point reference number) and your name/address and telephone number or date of birth?

Thanks and regards,
    Una

Advertisement