Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Row

• 02-10-2012 8:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭

Some guy had his dog off the lead in our local park. His dog came over to mine growled and attacked. I luckily got in and kicked the dog away, his owner who had no control started going on at me.

Was I right to hit the dog? I hate it but I had to intervene.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

In theory it's a bad idea - you could seriously hurt the dog or it could turn on you...but in reality I don't think I could stand there patiently waiting for the other owner to step in while their dog was attacking mine!! I had to let my guy off the lead earlier so he could get some distance from off lead dog who was being 'too friendly' with him because it would have escalated - both owner and other dog were clueless so easier to let my guy off to run ahead to our friends!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Stuck my leg in near its head and kicked it up the arse. The owner had no control and I was not going to let it attack my pup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,188 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

You were right, if a dog not under the owners controls starts getting aggressive I'll do what I think is necessary to get him away from me/my dog, including kicking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Dunny wrote: »
    Some guy had his dog off the lead in our local park. His dog came over to mine growled and attacked. I luckily got in and kicked the dog away, his owner who had no control started going on at me.

Was I right to hit the dog? I hate it but I had to intervene.:confused:

Sounds like you did the right thing, defending your own dog from an aggressive interloper.

The owner of the other dog was the cause of the whole scene, but he gave out to you instead of apologising? He had some cheek.

Advertisement