Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Superstar

Options
  • 02-10-2012 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭

So i was wondering with manny and floyd both getting on in their career's who do you guys think will be boxings next big superstar the next ppv king. I think alvarez he is being built as the next great mexican and he already is hugh in mexico at such a young age i think a few more fights and he will be a mainstream star. While i think Ward is a better fight and for me the next p4p best his style is just not very intresting to casual fans so who is the next star as you all see it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Canelo will be huge as you said.

Adrien Broner will probably make quite a name for himself if he can manage to cop on a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Adrien Broner will probably make quite a name for himself if he can manage to cop on a bit.
    Yeah i was thinking of Broner but i worry if he really has the commitment his lack of weight making is a problem, people seem to compare him to floyd but whatever you think of him floyd always comes into a fight in amazing shape Broner doesn't have his work ethic

• Registered Users Posts: 55,694 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Canelo is a big name now, but not near as famous as Floyd or Manny, and he never will be. Who are his challenges? Does he stay at 154 lbs and dominate a divison with not great talent? Move up to MW and win fights there? I mean, MW is far from great either.

I can think of no names to take charge and become a global figure for boxing!

To be global you also need some persoanlity. With Floyd it was the whole arrogance and money mad flash guy. Manny certainly raised Floyd's profile even more because Manny became a global name and a name that so many wanted to see meeting Floyd in the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,694 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Broner has not got a likeability, and he cannot do the bad boy either. Add this to him having such a similar style to Floyd, and I don't see him impacting much on the world of sport and boxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

Frampton is going the right way on this side of the world

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

barney4001 wrote: »
    Frampton is going the right way on this side of the world
    Yeah he is and there is deffo a lot of talent in the world right now at his weight, however as far as him being a real global star i dont see it unless he was to win titles in a few weights down the line

Advertisement