Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i use these eggs?

Options
  • 02-10-2012 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,096 ✭✭✭✭

I know eggs aren't that expensive, but i bought a pack of eggs with the intention of using them on 21/09, as i had a wisdom tooth taken out and was preparing. In my slightly airy state i never looked at the best before, which was the 22/09. And i ended up not being at home for a few days.

Anyway, i'm thinking of using them to make a biscuit cake, but this doesn't get cooked. The eggs are sinking in water with the small end at the bottom, the internet is telling me that these can be ok.

Am i better off just chucking them out? Or can i use them in cakes that you cook only? Haven't broken one yet as i don't intend on baking until tomorrow.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Eggs are one thing that I disregard the dates on. I think those dates are if they're stored out of the fridge. If they're in the fridge, and they're not floating, then they're grand IMO. But obviously use your own best judgement. Crack one and sniff it etc.

As we can't really give food safety advice here, I do have to close the thread. So final advice is just trust your own instincts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement