Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old tax file number and bank account

Options
  • 02-10-2012 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I was wondering if anybody knows if I can somehow use my old tax file number from Australia. I left Australia in 2007 and haven't even thought about it since. I still have the number and i'm moving over in a few weeks. It would save time if I could use it again.
    Just another question when I'm on it. What bank do people find the best in Australia ? And can I set one up from Ireland?
    Regards Niall.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Yes use your old tfn - as far as I know it's the only one you should use anyway.
    Banks are like home the one who screws you the least is the best. Have a look at the FAQ sticky and there is a bunch of links to open accounts from Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

I left Australia in 1992 and when i came back in July this year I just simply gave the tax dept a few details and they sent me on my old TFN.

Advertisement