Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

guns shops

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I would probably prefer a rifle, always been interested in long distance shooting.but obviously have to start somewhere, any idea how much it would set me back?
    To be honest, if you're just starting off, don't buy anything yet. Join a range, use their beginner's club kit if they have any (most have some at this point, which is a great improvement on where we were 20 years ago).

If you are going to start off, Ez and some of the others could give you better advice on how to get into long-distance shooting, but you might be better off starting with a .22lr and doing some short-range work first, just to get the basics down right. When there are forty or fifty little things to get all lined up for a good shot (from how you line up your position initially through how you set up for the shot, through to how you push the trigger and follow through, there's probably more than fifty things to worry about), you might as well do that at short range and master some of those things and then move on to long range when you're ready.

Where you are in the country will decide what your nearest range is; in Dublin you have a few within driving range for short-range stuff out to the 100 yard mark or thereabouts, but all well outside the M50 but within an hour of the city centre; but if you really want to push out to the longer thousand-yard ranges, there's only the one place in the country at the moment for that, the Midlands range in Tullamore.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ace86

I have heard of members the Defence Forces storing handguns in a barracks stores.

Any weapons or firearms being stored in a defence forces barracks are armed guarded 24hrs a day and are locked away in storage facilites as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Very true,but thats what you get when you vote in self serving little arthrtiic FF toads Ex solicitors with personal agendas as minister for "justice equality and law reform".Who cynically use a murder with an illegal handgun to ban any further possesion,and to give AGS an open season on all other liscense owners of such.:mad::mad::mad:

Yes grizz and after the carry on in dublin in the past month , don't be surprised to see a self serving little arthritic fg toad ex solicitor minister for justice equality and law reform, also cynically use murders to kick legitimate shooters with, the national mejia are getting stuck into him to "do something".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Ok as far as I know my nearest is courtlough, must ring them up and see if they have a beginners kit, and membership is cheap for us students!! :D
    If you're a student in TCD or UCD, there's a cheaper option, but if not, Courtlough is set up for beginners for .22lr rifle shooting...
    Thanks for the advice lads! really appreciate it!!
    No worries, glad it helped!

• Advertisement
Advertisement