Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How did he propose?

• 02-10-2012 8:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭

I can't believe this guy took my idea, what a romantic jerk!

Comments

So he scares the living daylights out of her by making her think they're gonna die a tragic death. And then says, while still in control of the killing machine, will you marry me? I'd have bloody well said yes too. Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Wedded by wee to the seat.

Edit: I can see my pupils in her teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

So he scares the living daylights out of her by making her think they're gonna die a tragic death. And then says, while still in control of the killing machine, will you marry me? I'd have bloody well said yes too. Jesus.

I'd have nosedived and started screaming "Marry me or prepare to die !!!"

Women love a bit of excitement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

I dunno if this beats the OP, but this is how my boardsie man proposed to me a few weeks ago. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I'd have smacked him around the head with the control manual for scaring the ****e out of me, if it wasn't for the flying at 10,000 feet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

An awwwww thread. In after hours?
    Surely an omen of some kind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

I was expecting her to box him when the plane landed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Shivers26

Nothing as impressive as any of those ^^^^^^ :D

OH called me in work to say he was stopping in with my favourite thing from Starbucks and I'm in work going 'oh isn't he so sweet bringing me coffee'.

When I met him in the lobby he had the coffee and also a massive bouquet of flowers. He asked me to read the card. It said 'will you marry me?' and when I looked up he was down on one knee with my beautiful ring.

Married 6 months last week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

g'em wrote: »
    I dunno if this beats the OP, but this is how my boardsie man proposed to me a few weeks ago. :)
    Better soundtrack anyway.

(and less migraine inducing teeth.)

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Cute cartoon, yes. Threat of death, no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

We should examine her black box to find out more about the flight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

It would have been funnier if they crashed as they landed

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

That cartoon was one of the sweetest things!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Divorce in less than 12 months, deffo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I love it:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭youreadthis

Youtube is the home of romance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why Justin Beiber puked on stage the other day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Ooh congrats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

What's the significance of the giraffe? I like giraffes. :)

edit; Confratulations btw.

If you said yes, that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

The build up to when he got his heart ripped out got me thinking "this is going the way of UP" :D

Fair play to him though

can't see myself ever making that much effort for anyone :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

1ZRed wrote: »
    The build up to when he got his heart ripped out got me thinking "this is going the way of UP" :D

Yeah, g'em is dead now.

RIP g'em.

Advertisement