Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drank a whole bottle of Vodka earlier

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

What you need is so Euro Techno - pumping so loud that the speakers are bouncing :D:D:D

Do some of the classic hangover cures - some chips, coke, water, painkillers, a frontal lobotomy either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 373 ✭✭Internet Hero

Not everybody isn't able to hold their liquor. Why are people finding it so hard to believe that this kid drank a bottle, some people tolerate alcohol better than others.

Its funny the way we have this big drink culture but yet many people can't consume large quantities of alcohol with behaving like a dick or sticking their head down a toilet. I remember one bloke in college talked up his own reputation as being a fierce man for the pints, but I never saw the clown get past 6 without gouging his throat out. He'd then proudly announce the next morning in class that he'd been on wild bender.:confused:

this is the closest thing you'll get to boasting in this thread. I'm a big strong fecker with a big chest and a tough body, can take a hit of alcohol, what's getting to me is the psychological side, feel like a gross human being. It's like when you're a kid and you eat a shed load of sweets at halloween and end up feeling gross, but this is a more grown up feeling because its drink and it makes me feel like im a joke of lad. Jaysus if i could rewind the clock I would have gone to see looper instead of acting like one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    What you need is so Euro Techno - pumping so loud that the speakers are bouncing :D:D:D

Do some of the classic hangover cures - some chips, coke, water, painkillers, a frontal lobotomy either.

Isn't he bad enough on the drink without starting on hard drugs ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Don't be too hard on yourself. Get to bed and sleep it off.

We all drink a little too much once in a while.

this is the closest thing you'll get to boasting in this thread. I'm a big strong fecker with a big chest and a tough body, can take a hit of alcohol, what's getting to me is the psychological side, feel like a gross human being. It's like when you're a kid and you eat a shed load of sweets at halloween and end up feeling gross, but this is a more grown up feeling because its drink and it makes me feel like im a joke of lad. Jaysus if i could rewind the clock I would have gone to see looper instead of acting like one!

It is done. Lesson learned. Drink is also a depressive - so some of this (excuse the pun) could be the drink talking. You are probably on a low now after the session today.

It is done. Lesson learned. Drink is also a depressive - so some of this (excuse the pun) could be the drink talking. You are probably on a low now after the session today.

How about we discuss it over coffee tomorrow?

Smooth as chunky peanut butter so I am. But yeah isn't the whole drink is a depressant thing more of a technical use of the word? Like it slows down your nervous system or some sh1t? Not actually causing depression in the psychological sense? I'm not depressed btw, just feeling gross!

Varied wrote: »
    Don't be too hard on yourself. Get to bed and sleep it off.

We all drink a little too much once in a while.

Simple yet effective. I like your comment the most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Smooth as chunky peanut butter so I am. But yeah isn't the whole drink is a depressant thing more of a technical use of the word? Like it slows down your nervous system or some sh1t? Not actually causing depression in the psychological sense? I'm not depressed btw, just feeling gross!

Dry up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

That's exactly right, I think they call it the fear. :pac:

Like Queen-Mise says whats done is done, no harm caused. If you feel like you over indulged then take note of that the next time you drink. Use the alcohol to your benefit don't let it abuse you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Dry up!!

He already is!

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Dry up!!

I'd actually like to step into the gym right now and get a few stout slaps right in the soup cooler from one of the heavyweights. Feel like I'm deserving of some punishment but all I'm getting is my own self imposed pity! I need to live in a more macho world.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

I'd actually like to step into the gym right now and get a few stout slaps right in the soup cooler from one of the heavyweights. Feel like I'm deserving of some punishment but all I'm getting is my own self imposed pity! I need to live in a more macho world.

Is it the flouridisation of water causing this? Or would it be more to do with the emasculation of men in contemporary society? Where is Jim Corr when i need him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

Theres a massive hole in this story, :eek:

Kinsey vodka doesnt come in 750ml bottles,

Its comes in 700ml, :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

LMFAO

Is it the flouridisation of water causing this? Or would it be more to do with the emasculation of men in contemporary society? Where is Jim Corr when i need him?

Any man who is emasculated by society wasn't a man to begin with. It's just the fact that I don't have to get up and hunt tomorrow or some sh1t. If it was a tough world I'd have something to get psyched up for but it's too easy to down a bottle of vitamin V and then trot around like a gimp when really I should be killed by a sabretooth tiger.

• Advertisement

Theres a massive hole in this story, :eek:

Kinsey vodka doesnt come in 750ml bottles,

Its comes in 700ml, :P

Yeah that's a mistake on my part, usually drink wine and assumed it's the same volume. Wine is generally 750 isn't it?

It actually does cause depression. Look this is ridiculously complicated. The short version is - immediately after drinking, if you sober up and haven't slept, feeling depressed is very, very normal. That icky, yucky - feeling is normal.

Take two painkillers, drink a pint of water and go for a run.

Lay off the self-flagellation*... it is done.

*How often do you get to use that word every day?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

Yeah that's a mistake on my part, usually drink wine and assumed it's the same volume. Wine is generally 750 isn't it?

Terrible mistake, just inexcusable :pac:

No idea man,

Wine is for squares.

Squares can't move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

so hang,

you drank it over a 6 hour period
    and you stopped drinking a few hours ago.

which by my calculations you probably started drinking round 12pm ?

12pm, on a tuesday.

dude, PI forum this way >>>>>>>>>>>>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭LowOdour

I drank a whole bottle of vodka once (in the space of 1 1/2 hours mind) and had to be carried up the stairs....i would check the lable of that bottle you were drinking from again

• Advertisement

Dr.Silly wrote: »
    so hang,

you drank it over a 6 hour period
    and you stopped drinking a few hours ago.

which by my calculations you probably started drinking round 12pm ?

12pm, on a tuesday.

dude, PI forum this way >>>>>>>>>>>>

Now that's the kind of thing that's going through my head. What a dope. Got off leccies at 11, feicing around in town for a while and then straight on the drink. What a fcuked up thing to do right? Lads were all like yeah lets session on we're in college and I was caught up in it like a mad yoke and ended up finishing a bottle. Jaysus as rough as fcuk.

LowOdour wrote: »
    I drank a whole bottle of vodka once (in the space of 1 1/2 hours mind) and had to be carried up the stairs....i would check the lable of that bottle you were drinking from again

Was over longer than that and was all mixed about 1 part V to 5 parts cola. Was probably 6 hours total between first sup and polishing it off. Remember putting the bottle down when it was finito and thinking yer some ejit. I was right.

Not everybody isn't able to hold their liquor. Why are people finding it so hard to believe that this kid drank a bottle, some people tolerate alcohol better than others.

A bottle would be a quiet enough one for me. It's a cultural thing, in other places the idea is people get drunk and dozy and it's somewhat self-fulfilling. I personally don't get how drink makes people so loud or aggressive or whatever, it's just makes me comfortable.

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

Uhf.. tastes like nectar right

not even if I was playing chess with some belarussians on a cold day and my manhood was in question. which it is.. but vodka won't fix that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

That sums up how I feel haha.

And I'm not lying. Bottle of Kinsey vodka, 750 ml, drank it over about 6 hours, never got psychotic pissed but it was bad enough alright. Not pissed now so I can type, just feel gross!

over 6 hours! jesus thats quick....bazinga :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

I remember one bloke in college talked up his own reputation as being a fierce man for the pints, but I never saw the clown get past 6 without gouging his throat out. He'd then proudly announce the next morning in class that he'd been on wild bender.:confused:

Different people have different levels of tolerance for alcohol, surely you understand that? 6 might well be a wild bender for some where they're out of their heads after that much drink. Others will drink that much and be tipsy.

If I drunk 6 pints of an evening I'd be falling around the place and probably puking my guts up. Ok, I'm female so my tolerance is lower than most guys, but I know a few guys who can't have more than 3 or 4 drinks without getting drunk. Nothing wrong with that and nothing wrong with them for that.
    I find binge drinking unattractive and idiotic anyway. In men and women. It's an aspect of Irish culture I hate.

Greentopia wrote: »
    Different people have different levels of tolerance for alcohol, surely you understand that? 6 might well be a wild bender for some where they're out of their heads after that much drink. Others will drink that much and be tipsy.

If I drunk 6 pints of an evening I'd be falling around the place and probably puking my guts up. Ok, I'm female so my tolerance is lower than most guys, but I know a few guys who can't have more than 3 or 4 drinks without getting drunk. Nothing wrong with that and nothing wrong with them for that.
    I find binge drinking unattractive and idiotic anyway. In men and women. It's an aspect of Irish culture I hate.

It's not so much the drinking itself that's unattractive, more the act of doing the Trevi fountain later, spewing chyme out of every orifice!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Why didn't you say so! Whatever you do don't think of vomiting.
    All those chunks everywhere nasty business.

Actually vomiting now will save you a lot of pain tomorrow op

Actually vomiting now will save you a lot of pain tomorrow op

Didn't puke while I had the chance, I think that ship has sailed. Fcuking wish I had going Pukahontas when I still had a belly full of vitamin V

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Now that's the kind of thing that's going through my head. What a dope. Got off leccies at 11, feicing around in town for a while and then straight on the drink. What a fcuked up thing to do right? Lads were all like yeah lets session on we're in college and I was caught up in it like a mad yoke and ended up finishing a bottle. Jaysus as rough as fcuk.

So you drank a bottle of vodka with friends after your lectures?

Whoop dee doo

Man up and go out and get another bottle

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Tough crowd OP

Head over to that Clearasil youth forum I see on boards, seems to be busy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Thinly veiled

So you drank a bottle of vodka with friends after your lectures?

Whoop dee doo

Man up and go out and get another bottle

That would put me in hospital for sure. I'd have to be pumped out.

justryan wrote: »
    Thinly veiled

Thinly veiled thinly veiled thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Thinly veiled thinly veiled thread.

Too many veils, I can't see!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

That would put me in hospital for sure. I'd have to be pumped out.

Nah, you'll be fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

The best thing about drinking that much spirits is that you'll still be half-cut for most of the day tomorrow and will only start feeling the worst of it late in the evening when the day's nearly over.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

I think we should all buy OP a medal,a solid gold medal. I'll set up a website dedicated to him so people can donate to purchase one. A bottle of vodka is 6 hours has never been done before and could go into the Guinness world records. Can I have your autograph OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

It's not so much the drinking itself that's unattractive, more the act of doing the Trevi fountain later, spewing chyme out of every orifice!!

What's unattractive is the obvious consequences of drinking too much alcohol yes, obviously I don't mean seeing people drink whatever tipple of choice they want. It's the quantity that's the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Ye can't bate a brace of naggins first thing in the morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Wha? Jaysus I'm not the sharpest lad at the best of times but I'm lost. Just joined up boards there the other day is what I meant ha

Perhaps I should have asked "who" instead of "where"?:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

How is this thread still open? Does OP's username not give it away?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

I have a feeling that OP's college is having its "freshers week" and OP wanted to go mad to start off the year/college life, to build up a reputation as a mad fecker/party animal/good craic on the lash If so it is understandable at that age..

my advice would be to learn from the experience and next time you drink, do so in a more mature and responsible manner - see here, drinkaware.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I'm kinda in the same boat as OP. Done the dog on it all day Saturday and all day Sunday. I'm not a seasoned drinker and I've been in the complete horrors for the last two days, it's actually Wednesday now and I know I won't be able to sleep again tonight. I was told earlier to drink a few bottles (beer) and that'll help with the zzzzzzzzzz's but I'm just mad wide awake now.

I reckon there are different types of drinkers. My housemate for example gets quiter and sleepier the more he drinks. I'm the complete opposite and keep going until there's nothing left to consume. And I hooked up with a couple of birds (one an ex who I promised I'd call this week, but I won't) and the guilt is killing me.

Seriously bad buzz.:(

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

I81B4U

• Advertisement

Bit of a follow up here folks. Made it to see the morning light. Feel like I drained away some of my soul yesterday! My piss stinked like vodka and was really chilly pouring out of my knob. But a fews zzzzs, nice breakie and a lie in has restored my faith in humanity. I'll skip training today, don't fancy getting hit in the soup cooler with a mouldy head on me. Later I'll dip into lectures and try to concentrate and watch a movie tonight. Decided I'll stay off the drink for a week to clense my organs!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Bit of a follow up here folks. Made it to see the morning light. Feel like I drained away some of my soul yesterday! My piss stinked like vodka and was really chilly pouring out of my knob. But a fews zzzzs, nice breakie and a lie in has restored my faith in humanity. I'll skip training today, don't fancy getting hit in the soup cooler with a mouldy head on me. Later I'll dip into lectures and try to concentrate and watch a movie tonight. Decided I'll stay off the drink for a week to clense my organs!!

This isn't your diary mate, get a grip.

griffdaddy wrote: »
    This isn't your diary mate, get a grip.

I'm getting a grip :) thanks hunnie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I remember when I was younger, drank nearly a whole bottle of Lidl rum straight, when I was 15. Couldn't remember most of it, was in my house, had to be put to bed, and later on around 10pm, still drunk,I went to my mums bedroom and That 70s show was on, and it was a scene with Red at the bar really drunk, and I just started laughing incontrollably at that, before being put promtly back to bed

This thread is huge. Went really well I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement