Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Drank a whole bottle of Vodka earlier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

This thread is huge. Went really well I think.

You must like people taking the piss if you think it's gone well.:p

This thread is huge. Went really well I think.

by thinking you're a sap, i suppose you're right.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 373 ✭✭Internet Hero

ejmaztec wrote: »
    You must like people taking the piss if you think it's gone well.:p

What are you ye on about it went awesome man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

What are you ye on about it went awesome man!

The thread had potential, you ruined it today

Nah man I improved it alot today.

By the way is there actually alcohol in your piss when you piss after drinking a load of alcohol? I'm in new world now really, my life is pre bottle V and post. I have to look at things differently from now on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 VINCWM

Pointless thread is pointless.

Alcohol is a hard drug. Don't know why it's still so easy to purchase in shops to be honest because if you look at the figures of
    alcohol related deaths it's certainly enough reason to ban the **** out of it or at LEAST take serious measures to
    decrease the amount that's being consumed. And no, raising the cost of it doesn't work.

It's also a culture thing I guess. Here in Ireland it's "cool" to drink and the more you can drink, the cooler you are.
    It's all about the bragging rights and the "cool" stories that you can tell your friends.

I enjoy a pint of Heineken or a glass of wine every so often so don't think I'm one of those "straight edge" kind of people
    but in my opinion something has to be done about it.

It's cool because any old moron can participate.

VINCWM wrote: »

Alcohol is a hard drug. Don't know why it's still so easy to purchase in shops to be honest because if you look at the figures of
    alcohol related deaths it's certainly enough reason to ban the **** out of it or at LEAST take serious measures to
    decrease the amount that's being consumed. And no, raising the cost of it doesn't work.

It's also a culture thing I guess. Here in Ireland it's "cool" to drink and the more you can drink, the cooler you are.
    It's all about the bragging rights and the "cool" stories that you can tell your friends.

I enjoy a pint of Heineken or a glass of wine every so often so don't think I'm one of those "straight edge" kind of people

Yeah man but I'm not adding to drinking culture I'm saying how it is bad far you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Bought that t-shirt.

Very easy to do over the space of 6 hours.

So much pain the day after.

Bad idea but it seems like the correct thing to do at the time.

I can't keep up with the re-reges, It's driving me to drink.

gsxr1 wrote: »
    Bought that t-shirt.

Very easy to do over the space of 6 hours.

So much pain the day after.

Bad idea but it seems like the correct thing to do at the time.

Decided I'm off the drink until xmas now. gonna focus on training and studies and of course this site!

youll all be seein alot more of me from now on haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

VINCWM wrote: »

Most drugs are illegal, doesn't stop people taking them or buying them.
    They tried banning booze in the States I read that it did not go too well.

You cannot just go "Booze is bad none for you!" people have to be convinced not to do it which just wouldn't happen.

Also I like having a few drinks so I wouldn't want it banned anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I drank a pint of water, you don't see me bragging to the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Nah man I improved it alot today.

By the way is there actually alcohol in your piss when you piss after drinking a load of alcohol?
    I'm in new world now really, my life is pre bottle V and post. I have to look at things differently from now on.

No. It get's metabolised by the liver into ethyl glucuronide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

750 ml. And yeah it was a while ago so I'm not pissed now, just a thumping headache. Will this have me wrecked for the rest of the week?

No.

It's the equivalent of 20-21 drinks, so I'm dubious. But as this was yesterday, no matter. :)

No.

It's the equivalent of 20-21 drinks, so I'm dubious. But as this was yesterday, no matter. :)

Well I'm still wrecked now. Eating pizza and watching top gear, feeling the same as I did the day after I did a half ironman last year, except instead of a sense of achievement I feel scummy, but not as bad as last night.

Why do we feel guilt after massive sessions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

I feel scummy

Dublin forum

I drank a pint of water, you don't see me bragging to the internet.

How many hours did it take you?

Well I'm still wrecked now. Eating pizza and watching top gear, feeling the same as I did the day after I did a half ironman last year, except instead of a sense of achievement I feel scummy, but not as bad as last night.

Why do we feel guilt after massive sessions?
    It was only a bottle of vodka. If that was the thing to finally convince yourself you were growing some chest hair, your attitude about feeling guilty and scummy isn't doing your new manhood status any favours.

I don't feel guilty after massive sessions unless I've done something or someone stupid. Even then you just eat your pizza and get on with it.

Be grand man ;)

1ZRed wrote: »
    It was only a bottle of vodka. If that was the thing to finally convince yourself you were growing some chest hair, your attitude about feeling guilty and scummy isn't doing your new manhood status any favours.

I don't feel guilty after massive sessions unless I've done something or someone stupid. Even then you just eat your pizza and get on with it.

Be grand man ;)

Some kids only feel guilty when they rob their mother's purse and persuade an adult in the supermarket to buy a cheap bottle of vodka on their behalf:(.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

Feeling like a disgraceful dude now! They say drink when you start in college but this is ridiculous. Cheer me up folks, feel like an awful ejit now!

Me too, well no it was two in September......

but I have drank a whole bottle in one night before, in Moscow with quality vodka not that crap that is sold in western Europe, like the Smirnoff Pisssssssssh

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Some kids only feel guilty when they rob their mother's purse and persuade an adult in the supermarket to buy a cheap bottle of vodka on their behalf:(.

When really stuck for a drink I just raided my Parents stash of vodka and spirits. They never used to drink that so it'd pile up quick enough from people bringing it at parties.

Made off with one of Dad's 1.5L JD bottles he brought home from America once.

At 15, I'd say I nearly killed myself with it too! :pac:

Come on lads, talk me through all this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

Let the thread die FFS

leonidas83 wrote: »

Let the thread die FFS

I might die off if the thread dies...

Come on tbh

Put the bottle d o w n..........eat something with sustinence.
    Life in reboot.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Start a new thread or something?

I contributed a few pages back about my exploits over the weekend. Again I didn't sleep last night but that's because I done the bare minimum over the last few days. But today with little or no sleep I said fuck it and got lots of sh!t done. Went to work, valeted my car, called around to play with my nephew and also went for a 10 mile cycle. Body still feels crappy but emotionally I feel way better. I know my mind will feel at ease tonight and I'm hoping I sleep like a baby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Bitta luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

please god do

lol why u mad tho??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

1ZRed wrote: »

I don't feel guilty after massive sessions unless I've done something or someone stupid.

i hear ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Julius Seizure

humbert wrote: »
    StupidThily veiled boasting thread is stupid.

Fixed it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

Great thread- I feel enlightened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

this guys actually thick...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Would internet hero and itwasntme happen to know each other by any chance:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

Ghandee wrote: »
    Would internet hero and itwasntme happen to know each other by any chance:confused:

Why? I just don't want the thread to die because I don't want to have his death on my conscience. Fat lot of heartless bastards posting on here!!

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    Why? I just don't want the thread to die because I don't want to have his death on my conscience. Fat lot of heartless bastards posting on here!!

Aww thanks man! :)

Itwasntme. wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

I sold an 18 year old a litre of vodka on his birthday, many years ago. He died after chugging it into himself.

So yeah best of luck with that. Livers are for wusses.

I sold an 18 year old a litre of vodka on his birthday, many years ago. He died after chugging it into himself.

So yeah best of luck with that. Livers are for wusses.

:eek: are you serious!!

I'm 100% serious. He lashed it in apparently and didn't last the night. You're not in that situation but I would not recommend binging like a lunatic like that.

I found out when his uncle came in and told me the story... He then asked "can I have a litre of smirnoff?" Which was not inspiring to be honest.

I'm 100% serious. He lashed it in apparently and didn't last the night. You're not in that situation but I would not recommend binging like a lunatic like that.

I found out when his uncle came in and told me the story... He then asked "can I have a litre of smirnoff?" Which was not inspiring to be honest.

thats a scarey story., i wonder if he was a suicide? or was he just going overboard one night. did he die from the alcohol or from falling out in front of a car or something

This was 1999 from what I gathered the chugging of a litre of vodka is what killed him. I think his friends gave him 18 glasses to chug and he died after ingesting them all. Didn't seem like a suicide, just death by stupidity tbh. I felt bad about it for weeks until I realised I couldn't account for blindingly foolish moves on the part of another person.