Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Improving my Irish

Options
  • 02-10-2012 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Im in Honors Irish for the JC. How can I improve my vocab? I mean so like I can understand the comprehensions and do better in the comprehension. How can I learn the pros and poems also

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Clodz6 wrote: »
    Im in Honors Irish for the JC. How can I improve my vocab? I mean so like I can understand the comprehensions and do better in the comprehension. How can I learn the pros and poems also
    There's a newspaper supplement that comes with the Irish Independent every Wednesday called Foinse. It's basically a small newspaper written in Irish! What I like to do is have a read through it and underline any words I don't understand. Then put them into sentences after looking them up. You'd be surprised how much you remember! :)

Even though, I'm seriously anti-rote learning, I've been practically forced into it in Irish, for my Composition, Seen Prose and Seen Poetry! My teacher is constantly examining these on us, and if we haven't the answer the way he taught us, there'll be trouble, so I just gave in! :rolleyes: So maybe you could try that! At the very least learn off a few nice phrases for each question.

For the Unseen stuff, there's not much you can do but practice! Just do some exam questions until you soon start getting better! :)

Best of Luck! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,180 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

TG4 FTW, even with the subtitles.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

Read Irish novels, watch half an hour of TG4 every night. Go through comprehensions in your Irish book and make notes of the words you don't know and learn them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 galwaypenguin

This may be a silly question but can somebody PLEASE PLEASE tell me what the prós CALUA means??
    A very quick summary would be GREAT.

Also does anybody use Maoin 3?? if so does it have all the prós and filíocht??

Advertisement