Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone bought a NAMA house?

Options
  • 02-10-2012 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi

I'm just wondering if anyone or know of anyone whom has bought a property from Nama, we are in the process of purchasing a Nama property in cork but have been told by our solicitor that we could be waiting months for them to finally come back with the go ahead!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 MeMeJK1

We bought a Nama house in Dublin back in February. We got the same warning from our solicitor that it might take long as dealings with them can be slow. But in the end all was finalized within 5 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sunisup

Thank you for your reply :) that's great news as wer anxious to get the deal done before end of the year to be eligible for the mgt tax relief....thanks again :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 MeMeJK1

Good luck. I hope it all works out for you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Kaev

Hello,

I put an offer on a Nama property over 6 weeks ago. We haven't heard anything since. We are very anxious to sort it out ASAP because of the tax Relief deadline. Did you sort out your property, have you contacted Nama directly?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sunisup

Kaev wrote: »
    Hello,

I put an offer on a Nama property over 6 weeks ago. We haven't heard anything since. We are very anxious to sort it out ASAP because of the tax Relief deadline. Did you sort out your property, have you contacted Nama directly?

We put a deposit of 5k on the house in cork a month ago I think both solicitors have more or less done or are in the middle of they'r part, as far as I am aware it's Nama that slow the whole process down, we met our solicitor last week and she said 100% it won't be completed in time for the tax relief that we prob wont be in till february..which I'm gutted about as its a nice saving but it's still a good value house and will be a cheap enuf house for a first time buyer, they were dealing with a case where it went on for 6 months so I just don't know, is it possible nama are in cahoots with the gov and they'r deliberately delaying so that none of us will make the tax relief deadline!? That might be me being silly I'm not sure. Then again the gentleman before said he was sorted in 6 weeks so maybe it's a case by case basis....

• Advertisement
Advertisement