Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jewish Studies 2013

Options
  • 02-10-2012 10:07pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering is anyone who reads this forum involved in one of the pilot schools for this subject (to be examined for the first time next June) and how you have found it so far?

Does the project take up a large amount of time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

Sorry to deviate the discussion a bit - but why in gods name (no pun intended) is the department of education wasting money on a useless subject like this while there are massive cutbacks in other parts of the education system?

I've read the curriculum online and I can't understand why its not integrated with religion and/or history?

EDIT: I should also clarify that I am not opposed to relgion, its just that I feel that our (the taxpayers) money could be spent better

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I suspect it may be one of the precursors to all the short courses that are coming in the 'new' Junior Cert..
    I don't know much about it or what the uptake has been, hence my question.

Advertisement