Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pogo (Fagottron)

Options
  • 02-10-2012 10:08pm

Did a search for both Pogo (but this brought up a lot of results) and for Fagottron, which came back with no results, so apologies if it's been posted before.

Have people come across Pogo's work?

For anyone that hasn't, he's a DJ/producer that makes pretty amazing remixes from movies to TV and even real life, taking sounds, words and anything else from each source and combining them together to produce some pretty beautiful songs.

Probably one of his most well loved (by me, anyway) songs is Upular, his remix of the movie Up, which went on to be officially recognized by Disney Pixar on their YouTube channel

In a similar way is Toyz Noize, which is made from Toy Story 1 and was also recognized by Disney Pixar.

Boo Bass is his incredibly catchy and cute song from the movie Monsters, Inc.

Moving away from movies and on to TV, this is the remix of Fresh Prince of Belair, called Jaaam.

On to his remixes of real life, the one I love the most probably being Gardyn, which illustrates the love of his mother and her passion for gardening.

To highlight the beauty and wonder of Johannesburg, he produced Joburg Jam.

There are probably many more that I have missed so, what are your favourites and what do people think of Pogo's style of music?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

Yes He is quite the a/v producer..bit quite of late though.
    Unfortuate youtube (Faggatron) name but he never thought he would become famous!!
    His music is so well sampled from sounds from the videos and sync'd to the video.. its genuis.
    Heres one you didnt post and imo his maybe one of his best..maybe cos its the first one I ever watched .. Fresh Prince JAAM is quality as well.

Yeah, his YouTube name always made me wonder. It's probably why he became known as Pogo, much more PC, I suppose! I'd say he never imagined that movie studios and television networks would be taking an interest

This was another one that went on to be recognized, this time by Showtime, the makers of Dexter, on their own YouTube channel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

How good would it be without the video,as pure music on the radio for e.g? Cant see myself ever buying a CD by him..
    Any dissenting voices out there?

Advertisement