Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone 4 Home Button

• 02-10-2012 10:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

my home button seems to acting strange

you have to push the home button hard to get it to respond , i could be there 4 or 5 times before it would respond , any idea whats causing this ???

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

my home button seems to acting strange

you have to push the home button hard to get it to respond , i could be there 4 or 5 times before it would respond , any idea whats causing this ???

Known issue. Apple will relace the phone if inside the warranty.
    How old is the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

kceire wrote: »
    Known issue. Apple will relace the phone if inside the warranty.
    How old is the phone?

over a year at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Best replace the button, it'll cost you €25-€45 depending on who does it.
    DON'T do the WD40 trick if you plan to keep your phone(The solvent used in WD40 breaks down plastic)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

well im gonna be selling it in a few weeks , so best get it sorted first

how much would a 16gb iphone 4 go for these days ???

locked to vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

it needs to be recalibrated. Do the following...

1. Open a native app (Like Compass)
    2. Press and hold the power button on the top of the phone until "Slide to power off" appears.
    3. Press the home button until "Slide to power off" disappears.

Hey presto... home button should be working fine :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

7ofBrian wrote: »

2. Press and hold the power button on the top of the phone until "Slide to power off" appears.

Never heard that, tried it anyway but no luck.
    Get a Hoover and try suck out as much dust from the pin area. The older your phone is, the more likely this is to happen. Could be a factor why they changed the dock connector type

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

That works sometimes but if the button inside is worn down there's not a lot you can do but replace it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Should Apple not fix this with the 2 year eu warranty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Cant you go to settings and turn on the accessibility feature and put a home button on the screen instead, or did I imagine reading that a while ago.

Try open any app and hold the power button till the slide to shutdown screen appears release the power button and gently hold the home button. If that doesnt work go to Settings - General - Accessibility, scroll to bottom of page and tap "assistive touch" set it to ON to activate it and you should get a home button on the bottom right of the screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

biko wrote: »
    Could be dirt

Video....mmmm...and if its Tuesday, and you are wearing yellow socks and one brown shoe and the wind is northWest, but sunny in the West and its snowing in your bathroom....

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭afatbollix

If you have insurance they will replace it. Mine was 2 weeks out of warranty and they replaced it as Apple wouldn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

if you are jailbroken you can use activator to reassign something else to represent a home button click

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

Thanks for that, my home button is now working first time again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Can't believe it... That video just fixed my home button which I have struggled with for the last year!!!!!! But I do work in quite a dusty business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You're welcome :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

That video worked a treat for me too, except I didn't even bother with the rubbing alcohol. I just turned my phone facing down and slapped the back of it for a few minutes. Now my home button is working like new. Cheers Biko!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

My home button is back to the way it was (needs to be pressed 5 times).. I will try that video tonight.

Advertisement